Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

unsure.........

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey!!

I dont knoq if this is the rite place but i will ask ne way

Does any one have any tips on how to stop cravings for sweets and chocolate ect??

Thx

Comments

• Options
    Eat fruit.
  • Options
    AARGH! I have the same thing. I can't go a day without sweets... And a lot of it.

I would advice chewing gum, just to keep the mouth busy and still tasting something good, but in my case it doesn't help actually.
  • Options
    Yea thats the best thing chew gum it will help!
  • Options
    If you're craving sweet things, it sometimes means that you're not eating enough at mealtimes. Does that sound like you? If so, try eating more foods that break down to give you slow release of energy: porridge, brown rice or pasta, jacket potatoes etc.

If you're eating enough, but you're having strong cravings for sugar, and feel desperately thirsty, tell your doctor about these symptoms. They may need to measure your blood sugar.

Or, most likely, you just have a sweet tooth. In which case, don't feel too bad about having the occasional bit of chocolate, but try to eat it after meals so it doesn't do so much damage to your teeth.