Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

The help hub (online therapy for help with feelings around corona virus)

GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
edited December 2022 in Health & Wellbeing
Hello all,

I was informed by a colleague who listens to the radio, about this online space for support. It's called the helphub, it's trained therapist giving up their time to support those struggling with feeling alone, in isolation with no contact to others, anxiety about the virus, etc. 
However it's not due to be up and running till the 23rd of this month, but I wanted to make others aware of this website/chat, as I feel it could be really helpful to have 20 minutes with a trained therapist about this Coronavirus.

Here is the website:
https://www.thehelphub.co.uk
(It explains it better than I do)

Post edited by TheMix on

Comments

• Options
    Jade09Jade09 Moderator Posts: 660 Incredible Poster
    edited March 2020
    Thank you for sharing this @GreenTea it'll help a lot of people!  <3

I've just added to the title to make it a bit more clear, hope that's okay!  :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Thank you for sharing this! Sounds great :heart:
  • Options
    fionnadelinefionnadeline Posts: 6 Confirmed not a robot
    Thanks so much for this. I've added it to my bookmarks, will book an appointment when I feel particularly overwhelmed.
    A couple friends have been asking me if I want to talk to a counsellor or therapist, and I've been on the fence about it (cause I keep telling myself that I can still function so I'm not 'at that point yet'), but I think this sounds like a good thing to hold onto for whenever I do feel like I should talk to a professional maybe. :) Thanks again!
  • Options
    maryam852maryam852 Posts: 187 Helping Hand
    @fionnadeline I understand how you are feeling and completely understand the feeling of 'not sick enough' but please remember that there is no right time to ask for help. It is always better to ask for help early rather than later. Well done for taking the first step!