Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Angry

Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
Hormones + BPD = very irritable

I'm trying to keep my cool but the stomping is driving me mad 

What do you do when you're feeling angry?

Comments

• GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Can you take yourself for a walk? Sometimes walking helps me feel a bit better (even better if it's raining)
  • RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    For me personally whenever I'm mad I try and do something physical to get rid of my energy. Usually if i throw myself into exercising then it just helps release at least some of the anger, plus it's good for you anyway. B)

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Getting rid of my energy helps too - if you are feeling up to it, getting a good sweat on, maybe a HIIT workout, can really help.

I also tried this yoga flow before when I was feeling upset, it definitely helped but it was specifically designed for anger so it may help with anger even more :heart:
  • PoppyBPoppyB Posts: 228 Trailblazer
    Hey @Salix_alba_2019 I thought I'd check in and see how you're feeling today? <3

The Mix has an article on ways to cope with anger here, such as meditation, exercise or punching something soft like a pillow.  
  • Han93Han93 Posts: 309 The Mix Regular
    Hi @Salix_alba_2019

I try to write down how I'm feeling and then rip it up/throw it in the bin - I think its good to get things out of your mind and on to paper and then watch it go away when you rip it up.

Alternatively, maybe even doodling or colouring in might be helpful if you don't want to write.
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    PoppyB said:
    Hey @Salix_alba_2019 I thought I'd check in and see how you're feeling today? <3

The Mix has an article on ways to cope with anger here, such as meditation, exercise or punching something soft like a pillow.  
    Hey, I'm feeling better!

I took the time to think about what was really bothering me and how I could resolve it and it helped. 

Thank you for the article, I'll check it out too
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    Just a personal thing but I like to get some closure on the thing so I can put it away until I'm ready to think about it again. Usually that means having a rant to someone and then asking them not to reply - sometimes I don't even send the rant if I'm feeling better after getting it all out.

Out of interest, what's 'the stomping'? Glad you're feeling better. :)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.