Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What are the chances of getting pregnant from this?

Hey guys I need some help. My bf was giving himself a hand job and ended up having some pre-cum on his fingers. He said we wiped it out on his leg and then used another finger to finger me for a bit (he didn't go fully in). Still I was scared and I took a NorLevo in the first 24 hours. I was on the last day of the period when this happened but still I'm a bit scared that there are some chances of getting pregnant.

Comments

• Options
    JordanJordan Moderator Posts: 343 The Mix Regular
    Welcome to The Mix @confusionn

It is possible to get pregnant without having sexual intercourse. The NHS website answers your specific situation by saying that you can get pregnant if "you or your partner have semen or pre-ejaculate on your fingers and touch your vagina."

However, they also say that the risk of getting pregnant this way is incredibly low. Sperm can only survive a short amount of time outside of the body.

I can understand why you are worried, however, the NHS suggests the chance is incredibly low. It sounds like you've taken steps to prevent this incredibly low chance as well by taking NorLevo. If you are still feeling anxious about this it could be worth taking a pregnancy test.
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Hey and welcome to the mix :)

From what you say the risk is pretty low if you are still worried then take a test in a week or two to confirm it.

Do you find you're always anxious about becoming pregnant? It's something I've struggled a lot with and still do on occasions so it's pretty common, it sounds like it may be putting a damper on your life? 

Are you on any birth control? Could you get any? That can help to relieve the worry. 

It's good you're reaching out sending all the positive wishes 💖

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Options
    confusionnconfusionn Posts: 4 Newbie
    Hello and thank you for the great advice!

I'm not sure about the test because I've heard that I can take it in the first day when I missed my period and I'm expecting it in 3 weeks (and I can't wait that much because I'm very anxious about it).

My bf keeps telling me that the chances are very very low because pre-cum doesn't contain any sperm but I'm still a bit worried.
  • Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    You can take one before that but it may not be completely accurate which is the annoying part. 

The chances are very low especially as you have taken norlevo in the first 24 hours. 

It's okay to still be worried it's normal. Would it help to figure out why you're worried about it? 

And figure out what you can do to help that worry. It's a while for a test so try and keep busy in the mean time do things you enjoy get some distractions.

Is there anything you could do to lower risk like get on birth control? That may offer reassurance :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,618 Legendary Poster
    Hi,

I’m no medical person, but from what I’ve heard the risk is really really low from that on its own.

I do know how you feel re anxiety about getting pregnant. I had a scare earlier this year too it is very worrying indeed especially if you really really don’t want to be pregnant and I know it’s hard to wait those weeks.

I’ve certainly found that being on the pill has helped to reduce my anxiety about possibly being pregnant at least by a small amount, maybe something like that (if it’s suitable) could help you? Definitely worth speaking to your GP.

I hope it all works out <3 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”