Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

anxiety

joyajoya Posts: 220 Trailblazer
edited June 2020 in Health & Wellbeing
anyone knows how to discover what its making us anxious? i feel my hands and feet cold, my legs keeps shaking, my heart keeps screaming inside me beating so hard and the worst of all: i cant eat because my stomach hurts. i really have no idea of why am i this way, but i know its really bad :/

(the options would be: my mom and father discussed yesterday, my sister its out of town and im waiting some things i l've buyed, but none of these really fits to my actual state, because i am feeling this way has two weeks)

i've been going very well, my meds are helping me; i've start to painting and drawing and do other stuff to help myself... but this anxiety keeps in my ear, telling me im not really fine... i dont know what to do, i dont know what can it be... i feel stressed now :(
everything always goes ^^

Comments

• DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Hey, I’m sorry you are feeling so anxious. I feel the same sometimes in which I don’t know why so I understand how frustrating this can be as it can make it harder control your anxiety. What I find can sometimes help is writing things down as you have done of all the things I think could be making me anxious and that can sometimes help to identify certain things are making you feel anxious. You can however also feel anxious without there really being a reason why which can feel awful

. Whenever I feel anxious and I don’t know why I find it better to try and distract myself, so it’s good that you like to paint and draw. do you like to listen to music I sometime find that can help whilst I’m doing another activity. 

Have you got someone you can speak to about this, family/ friends or your GP or someone it can be helpful to talk to people especially if it’s been going on a while. I hope you start to feel a bit better soon x
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Hi Joya,

I’m really sorry to read how you have been feeling. As dandelion said, there’s not always a reason or trigger for us to feel this way but same advice from me - writing things down can get them off your chest but also help you to find words to describe your feelings. Also just recognising the way you are feeling and breathing slowly. Know that sounds really basic but when I’m feeling anxious I sometimes forget to breathe properly.

Hopefully talking and opening up on here might help too 💜  do you have anyone you feel comfortable enough to talk to about it in person?

- Lucy 
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • joyajoya Posts: 220 Trailblazer
    @Lucy307 hi lucy! thank you so much, it good to know that anxiety its not always triggered by something. and yes, i do have people to opening about this... i will try to talk to them!! thank you so much ^^
  • joyajoya Posts: 220 Trailblazer
    @Dandelion my friends are used to say im good writer, so i will try to write about how i am feeling and listen some music in the process; thank you so much for the support and your kindness, i hope i can get better soon!! thanks!!!