Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Advice for supporting my son

This discussion was created from comments split from: Managing Coronavirus as a carer.

Comments

• Options
    mingyoungmingyoung Posts: 2 Newbie
    My son got asd ahd depression anxiety and tried to kill himself twice I put in for disability and got refused it went to a tribunal and got refused so I just like some advice on wot to do now thank you
  • Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    edited June 2020
    Hey @mingyoung welcome to the mix by the way! 

You may find it helpful to make your own thread that way more people will see it. Just go look at forums and click make a new discussion :)

Some questions real quick,

Have you contacted citizens advice?

Did you have a PIP meeting? 

Also Millie, this is a great post it's amazing! :) 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,319 Part of The Furniture
    @mingyoung just a heads up I split these comments into their own discussion. :)

Building on what @Laine said, how is your relationship with your son? It sounds like he's really dealing with a lot and it's good that you're reaching out for some support with how to help him. I imagine a lot of folks on this community will have been in your son's position, and can help you out.

Can I ask, how are you feeling? Supporting someone with their mental health is never easy and can take its toll on us over time. It's important to make sure you're getting the care and support you need so you can be in the best position possible to help your son, emotionally as well as physically.
    The truth resists simplicity.