Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Which flooring is better

SienaSiena Posts: 15,499 Skive's The Limit
edited April 2020 in General Chat
Got a right dilemma. Please help (for bedroom)

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley

Which flooring is better 10 votes

Left
50%
BubblesGoesBooDancercoc0macSalix_alba_2019Starlight 5 votes
Right
50%
LaineGreenTeamags98Jade09breadedbase 5 votes

Comments

• Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Left
    I'd say with what I've seen of your room the one on the left will fit the theme better 😁💖
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    Thank you! I want the left one but my mum would hate me cause she hates grey and she can get very nasty
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Ughh im so stressed i want the grey one but my mum will kill me & dunno if worth the stress
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Left
    Excuse my French but fuck your mum's opinion

you do whatever the fuck you wanna do girl !
  • Options
    Ah thank you salix. Im too scared. She called me everyname under the sun when i painted downstairs toilet (which is actually a lot better and nice if say so myself aha) but it has to be her way or no way otherwise will never hear the end of it and cba to be shouted at for a month and more. So think im gunna have to go for the right one. 
    She did pay for the house - but it is my room so i don’t know if i have the right to do something she doesnt like or not. Like morally Cause is her house but is my room & i want to like it. But yeah

the flooring i have atm is the one underneath the samples and i hate it atm. It looks orange in some lights and not stuck down anymore its all bubbled up cause cheap and been here since moved here. Anything is gunna look better than what i have now anyway
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Ive ordered the one the right. So im glad people picked that one too lol. I was just interested. So i dont get abuse from my mum- tho it does look like a light grey when its not next to that one for some reason looks different. 
    Should be coming tomorrow apperently if thats what they mean by friday. But i wont be able to put it down until my underlay and kit stuff has came. So probably at the weekend. Will probably be posting somewhere of how stressful somewhere while doing it lol just hoping i can move my wardbodes. 

And im so glad finally ordered one. Ive literally spent this whole lock down obsessing and googling flooring stuff so while its not essential for my sanity it is lol
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    My flooring came today! Probably should of warned my family lol
    It looks different colour depending on the lighting. Like this is the same floor just different light lol. I sent it to my older sister and she thought it was two different floors. I like it. It still kinda looks like the left one and kinda grey and my mum didnt shout  have to wait til i can put them down tho  

my rooms gunna be a lot colder tho ah
    And gunna be alot off work. Just getting everything out of my room ah 

• Options
    Going to start to put it down today! Going to take ages just to get everything out of my room
  • Options

This is taking ages😂
  • Options
    Helpp 😭 taking ages

this is where im up to

just put the under lay down

• Options
    Literally taken me 10 hours just to get to doing this
    (there will be a beading along the side)
    Took me ages to figure out how to use the jigsaw for right setting ect that would work
    The room isnt striaght so the flooring is a bit off the side 😭good job my wardbrodes go there

• Options
    Half way there 

• Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,794 Master Poster
    Left
    Looking really nice. 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    ElizabethElizabeth Posts: 93 Budding Regular
    edited May 2020
    Looks amazing, you're really good at DIY :) 
  • Options
    Thank you.  

Loook!!! Ive almost done it. I just need to wait for my beading to come (thing that goes round the room. Put in new threshold in (the line between my room and the flooring hall way and i need to sand my door down and put it bak on but can get an idea of how it looks now)

cant believe i did it all by myself

• Options
    coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Left
    wow! that looks so so lovely! you did an amazing job well done :heart: