Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Psychosis referral

_AJ__AJ_ Posts: 117 The Mix Convert
Hey, 
So I have been told today that I am being referred to an early intervention in psychosis team to receive treatment for my worsening symptoms. I have heard a voice for about 2 years now, but within the last week have started to hear a new voice. I have also started to experience delusional symptoms, particularly with fears that people are trying to hurt me and hearing my animals (for example) talk and encouraging me to kill myself. All of this has made my suicidal thoughts much worse. 
I told my psychologist at the eating disorder clinic about this this afternoon. She said she would get in contact with my uni GP (my GP at home is worse than useless) and would find out some information about referring onwards and discuss it with me next week. However, I then got an email from my GP saying that they were referring me and to expect contact from them in the next few days. I am really scared about all this, as the last time I was assessed it was in pediatrics and they were really scared. I was just wondering if anyone had any experiences or advice- either about the assessment or about managing the delusional hallucinations in particular (its very different to what I have experienced in the past)
I currently just feel very alone, and wish I could tell my parents (but that isn't an option because of my home situation) because I am just scared and in need of support. 
Aj xx

Comments

• Options
    coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Hi @_AJ_

You are never alone :heart: I understand that this can feel quite overwhelming and scary, but these sound like some really positive steps towards getting the support you deserve. They are there to help you :heart:

When you say you are scared, and that you found your last assessment scary, do you know what it is that makes you feel scared? Perhaps if we identify this, we can work towards changing this into a more positive experience for you :smile:

I am wondering if you have heard of 'Voice Collective' too? They have an email and voice support service, especially for 'children and young people who hear voices, see visions or have other unusual sensory experiences'. They may be able to give you some comfort and advice in how to manage your hallucinations. 

Take good care, we are all here for you :heart: