Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Needle phobia

I was wondering does anyone else have a needle phobia because I am so scared of needles and I have got vaccinations tomorrow.

Comments

• Jade09Jade09 Moderator Posts: 660 Incredible Poster
    Hey there and welcome to the community!

It sounds horrible to have a needle phobia, and I can imagine knowing you have vaccinations tomorrow may be worrying you.  <3

Have you got any techniques that usually work for you to help manage any anxiety that you may be feeling due to the vaccinations?  :)

This information leaflet here contains lots of information about needle phobias, overcoming the fear, self help ideas and a few helplines. It may be worth a read! 

Let us know how you get on tomorrow  <3

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Hello! Welcome to the boards :heart:

My best friend has a phobia of needles too! I understand it can make vaccinations a frightening thing, but it's really good that you are talking about it. 

How did you get on? 
  • PoppyBPoppyB Posts: 228 Trailblazer
    Hey @letty welcome to The Mix! 

Im sorry to hear that you struggle with needle phobia, you took a great step in reaching out on the boards :) Having a phobia of injections affects around 1 in 10 people so you are definitely not alone and doctors will have treated many other patients who struggle in a similar way. 

I hope it all went okay <3 
  • AngelAngel Posts: 40 Boards Initiate
    no way i hate needles, im autistic and ill run away if i have to have one