Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Anyone else?

StarlightStarlight Posts: 1,436 Wise Owl
Anyone else have a fear of sleeping? Like being terrified of falling asleep. I feel so alone in this and just want to see if anyone else feels the same way. 
“I got you, moonlight, you're my starlight
I need you all night, come on, dance with me”

* Shine like the star you are! *

Comments

• Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    Kind of. I force myself to stay awake because I always get bad dreams 
  • Options
    @Liam yeah I get terrible nightmares and dreams as well, think that adds to my fear

• Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    @Starlight
    Probably! I hope you manage to get a wee bit of sleep at some point tonight
  • Options
    Jade09Jade09 Moderator Posts: 660 Incredible Poster
    Hey there @Starlight sorry to hear that you have a fear of sleeping, it sounds like a pretty tough thing to experience. It's also understandable that you may feel like you are alone in this but there may be a lot of other people that go through the same thing, and your feelings are completely valid.  <3 

Have you spoke to anyone about this, such as your GP? it may be a good option if you feel you are ready as they may be able to offer some support. 
    :) 
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    @Jade09 no I haven't been able to speak to anyone about it. I've been to my GP about anxiety and things but he couldn't do anything cos I was 16 at the time and referred me to young minds which I couldn't get help from because I couldn't talk on the phone. It's all very complicated but at the moment. 

• Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I battle with the sleep struggle like crazy, a lot recently due to fear of dreams about truama while I'm asleep. I've had a few things help me though and I do get 6ish hours of sleep because of them. 
    Having white noises on in the background while you sleep helps, I don't know why it's just a comforting thing. I also sleep with my fairy lights on incase I wake up in a panic, I can automatically see what's around me and know that I'm safe. 

Hope this helps
  • Options
    Thanks, @GreenTea I might try the white noise, hope it gets easier for you  <3

• Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    I feel you, I don't like sleeping cause I don't feel safe and get nightmares, some thing I've found that helps is having a comfort item close by, mine is my blanket :) I also use a sleep mist to help relax me.
    my meds also help but I know that's not an option for everyone, I hope you find something that helps <3
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''