Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Help us shape our Thursday Sessions!

simran121simran121 Deactivated Posts: 14 Settling in
edited December 2022 in Health & Wellbeing

Hey all  <3

Those that follow The Mix on Instagram should probably know that we try to make a pretty big deal about Thursdays. I mean, we’ve wanted to hype Thursdays up so much that we even named the main reason we want you to get hyped about Thursdays... THURSDAY SESSIONS! (huraaah!)

We have launched a new idea on IGTV called Thursday sessions which are takeovers of our Instagram account, where we have a different host each week who live-streams a fun, easy and feel-good activity that our community can take part-in within their homes. 

The aim of these sessions is simply to accessibly showcase the different ways in which young people can channel whatever they’re feeling into an activity they enjoy and makes them feel good. You can check them out on our Insta page here.

Doesn’t it sound super wholesome and cute? Also, believe me when I say that naming the line-up we have is going to have you saying Glastonbury-who? 

From meditation and bhangra dancers to soothing painting sessions with our very own Bob Ross – we have it all! 

This is a part of the wider work we are doing on COVID, and really wouldn’t be what it is without the great input you all made during a co-design session. You’re feedback and thoughts on what we should include (yoga and meditation etc.) have really helped shape what Thursday Sessions is about. 

We’d really like to get some more of your input again. Especially as it’s really important that we provide sessions on skills/activities that you all feel that you can get something from (even a little bitsy smile).  

So if there’s anything you have in mind, just reply in the thread below!  :)

Post edited by TheMix on

Comments

• BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    I have a few, don't know if they're possible but i'll mentions them anyway

- Tips on how to love yourself
    - Looking after you during lockdown .. this could be like self care ideas or a virtual self care party! :lol:
    -  a fitness workout, since people can't get to the gym :)
    - a baking session, cause well I still don't know how to make cake without google haha
    - you say yoga, can we PLEASE do pet yoga :lol: 

i'll probably think of more later so i'll add them then :)
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • tkdogtkdog Posts: 281 The Mix Regular
    I didn't know the mix had an instagram :0