Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How do you view the Discussion Boards?

JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,319 Part of The Furniture
edited April 2020 in General Chat
Do you use the tabular view?

Like this:

Or the feed view (found under 'What's New')?

Like this:

The truth resists simplicity.

How do you view the Discussion Boards? 15 votes

Tabular view (via the home page)
46%
SkiveBubblesGoesBooJustVDancerGreenTeaConnor_AJ_ 7 votes
Feed view (via 'what's new')
53%
Ed_independent_Past UserLaineSalix_alba_2019ZenThePigeonsPast User 8 votes

Comments

• Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Always a whats new kind gal, like to find whats being posted so i can join in conversations or help others but i do occasionally use tabular view to find threads i want to post on like memes ect :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    @Laine where is the meme thread I looked and could not find it ??
  • Options
    ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    I have only ever used the tabular view if I'm looking for something specific otherwise I use the what's new view to say up to date and chat with others :)
    Alis propriis volat 
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,515 Skive's The Limit
    edited April 2020
    I view both. I don’t know if thats cause im always on here or what aha. But i think maybe because its also cause the "recent" part i sometimes miss out the pin stuff and ignore it. And the the main part can see who most recently commented so like if the mix make a new post on anything goes and viewing from most recent and its a pin i probably wouldnt look at it on the pin stuff cause it always seem the same and not recent. But like viewing the main bit id be a bit interested in why the mix posted in anything goes. If makes any sense. But id say mostly the main part because I'm on here so much i know when the picture has changed  and what's new😂 and cause just used the boards before the "whats new" part so used to just main part

edit- lol thats such a detailed answer for a simple question ha sorry
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    @Liam

Here it is https://community.themix.org.uk/discussion/3555605/meme-den#latest
    the meme den is in anything goes :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,633 Legendary Poster
    A bit of both really but mostly the what’s new view cause I like to see the threads which are being posted on actively.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    ThePigeonsThePigeons Posts: 199 Trailblazer
    Because not many people post often
    ᴛʜᴇ ᴍɪɴᴅ ɪs ᴛʜᴇ ᴋᴇʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ sᴇᴛs ʏᴏᴜ ғʀᴇᴇ
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Only ever the tabular view. 
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,319 Part of The Furniture
    edited April 2020
    Thanks everyone! Super interesting. Glad I'm not the only tabular view purist @Skive. ;) It's interesting that most of you use the feed view - seems to be the way platforms like this are heading now.

We asked this mainly out of curiosity to get a feel of how you guys interact with the Community, and this kind of insight helps us organise things (e.g. the way we announce discussions). Thanks again. :)
    The truth resists simplicity.
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    tabular view … must be an oldies thing haha
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Mike said:
    Thanks everyone! Super interesting. Glad I'm not the only tabular view purist @Skive. ;) It's interesting that most of you use the feed view - seems to be the way platforms like this are heading now.

We asked this mainly out of curiosity to get a feel of how you guys interact with the Community, and this kind of insight helps us organise things (e.g. the way we announce discussions). Thanks again. :)
    What's the point in having difference boards if you're only using the feed system.
    Might as well just have one board,
    Weekender Offender