Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Hair Dye

DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
I hope this is the right place to ask this. I really want to dye my dark brown hair, blue at home without bleaching it first. Does anyone have any experience with this, or know if it’ll work. I’m worried it won’t work at all as I have brown hair
The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 

Comments

• Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I tried colouring my hair a blue once and it didn't work because I have dark hair.  It depends how dark your hair colour is, as to how well it will take
  • Options
    ThePigeonsThePigeons Posts: 199 Trailblazer
    I've dyed my friends brown hair blue once. It was visible and had a bit of a green sheen.

What colour brand are you using? And how dark is your hair?
    ᴛʜᴇ ᴍɪɴᴅ ɪs ᴛʜᴇ ᴋᴇʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ sᴇᴛs ʏᴏᴜ ғʀᴇᴇ
  • Options
    I’m not entirely sure which dye to use I’ve heard mixed reviews about Live, Manic panic and Arctic fox, some people say it works well and for others it doesn’t work at all. I’d class my hair as dark brown. 
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    I use La Riche Directions dye and I usually would leave it in for longer to get better results. I think dyes like Manic Panic are about the same. I would try a piece of hair first and see whats works for your hair.

Look at youtube videos to see reviews on brown hair. Someone recommended me the only hair dye that worked for her, I can't find it now so if I do I will let you know
  • Options
    Thank you x
  • Options
    It was the One 'n Only Argan Color
    We don't have it here so I've never tried it but maybe it's worth to look at
  • Options
    JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,878 Extreme Poster
    It depends what kind of blue you want to achieve? Like if you want a dark blue kinda tinge to your hair then yeh but if you want an actual solid blue hair colour or a bright one then ur hair will need lifting to lighter shade 
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
  • Options
    I dyed my hair!! I ended up using live shocking pink, obviously on my dark hair it came out more purply, but that kind of what I was going for and I love it 🥰 

(I hope it’s okay to post a photo I made sure my face and stuff was covered)
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    It looks good! Well done! 
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    looks awesome! :) 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''