Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What is your biggest fear?

SienaSiena Posts: 15,535 Skive's The Limit
edited April 2020 in Health & Wellbeing
I heard that sharing your biggest fear in a group can some what help. 

Mine is to go blind
“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley

Comments

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,535 Skive's The Limit
    Omg lol. Ive gone temperarly blind after overdosing a few times. It scared the shit out of me and i couldnt even go on group chat. Was proper scarey 

yeah those two are pretty scarey
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    I've gone blind before after ods, it's not nice and is quite scary lol

my biggest fear is drowning in a car, which is weird cause im still suicidal but yeahh

another big fear is the house going on fire, no one can help me with this as, as my therapist said 'it could happen' :lol: but yeahh that fear is very real since the caravan went on fire with us in it (it's not so much losing the house, more if my cat is stuck inside when it goes on fire and we're out (so I guess another big fear is losing my cat))
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    I think I worry more about going deaf as music is my life! Lol

It's a hard pick for me because I am scared of everything except heights.

But biggest would be death(anything leading to it, I'm a hypochondriac so won't do whatever I deem risky which is everything 😂)

And also hospitals and anything medical. I again avoid things that may land me there (never been on a trampoline and probably never will 😂) 

And darkness and being stranded. I always have a dream where I get lost somewhere and it's dark and the buses has stopped running then I have to try and walk home haha

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Sounds pretty silly but I’m probably most scared of either failing (like my exams and stuff) or getting ill. 
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    HowDoYouTalkAboutItHowDoYouTalkAboutIt Posts: 54 Boards Initiate
    I'm scared of people knowing what's wrong with me. I'm more scared that they will act differently around me and I don't want that. 

I also hate being out of control of myself. If I'm in a situation where I'm being told how to act and exactly where to walk and what not I start to breakdown as I'm not being me I'm being controlled, and yet I still want to join the army. Weird
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    I'm scared of people knowing what's wrong with me. I'm more scared that they will act differently around me and I don't want that.
    omgosh I totally understand this! when I came out of inpatient everyone was walking on eggshells around me and it drove me crazy! like I just wanted things to go back to normal...
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    ThePigeonsThePigeons Posts: 199 Trailblazer
    @BubblesGoesBoo it might help to have a plan in mind for when it might happen. I think that could be a way to decrease the fear a bit maybe.

My biggest fear almost came out a few times. TW
    Getting murdered
    ᴛʜᴇ ᴍɪɴᴅ ɪs ᴛʜᴇ ᴋᴇʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ sᴇᴛs ʏᴏᴜ ғʀᴇᴇ
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    One of my biggest fears is losing people around me. I love them all so much and I couldn't see life without them. I also have some other biggest fears that will be triggering so won't post them