Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Highrisk

dancertoridancertori Posts: 127 The Mix Convert
edited December 2022 in Health & Wellbeing
being high risk is scary, mind you ive always got to be super careful, a stomach bug can land me in ICU, as my body cant hope. since covid-19 came to the UK ive been in ICU twice, once for sepsis and once for meningitis. please think before you go out, cause if i get it, i am high risk of dying, so bear that in mind

Post edited by TheMix on

Comments

• Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Definitely, I think there are some people who need to have a rethink about what essential means, as I don’t think sunbathing counts. My mum is high risk so I totally understand this and am super careful about only leaving the house to get shopping as I don’t want to bring anything back and pass it on to her. I can’t imagine how scary it is being high risk yourself. I hope that you keep safe and everything is alright x
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    Both me and my mum are high risk so we're both trying to avoid going out as much as possible at the moment. Luckily my dad is retired and can go out for necessities but I just think how much worse it must be for high risk people who don't have that kind of support! Stay safe everyone. <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.