Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Afraid to call hospital

ThePigeonsThePigeons Posts: 199 Trailblazer
I'm afraid to call the hospital because they always sound like I should know certain things and belittle me. Now with the pandemic they would even like it less when I call. Calling is also a very energy draining task for me.

I need to call them because I still haven't received my diagnosis report that should have been made 3 months ago. My treatment should start soon but it will be canceled, they probably will not notify me about it. 

Does someone have any idea how I can deal with this?Getting that report means a lot to me and will give me a bit of hope. Last time I called them about it they just said that they're probably working on it. But I also haven't heard of the psychologist that would contact me 2 months ago.
ᴛʜᴇ ᴍɪɴᴅ ɪs ᴛʜᴇ ᴋᴇʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ sᴇᴛs ʏᴏᴜ ғʀᴇᴇ
Tagged:

Comments

• ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    @ThePigeons If I were you I would do everything I could to make sure you do not lose out on that treatment! Remember that hospitals are still running to keep everyone healthy, not just those this the virus and so someone will be there to talk. If they're busy, ask if they could give you a call back or if they could send you through an email at the earliest possible time. 

Could you call you're GP and say you haven't received a report back and see if they could contact them? 

Also, if it's the psychology department that you need to speak too, I wouldn't be too worried about them being overly busy due to the pandemic as they will be in a whole other ward. 
    Alis propriis volat 
  • ThePigeonsThePigeons Posts: 199 Trailblazer
    @MountainPeak they didn't give me a lot of information from the get go, I found out I was going to a crisis interview while I was checking in at the frontdesk. So I also don't have a certain date when I will recieve treatment. They cancelled all appointments with someone I know who has the same treatment. Not having information makes me feel lost and every time I try to get some they make me feel rubbish.

Ah yes they're at a different ward. I have a phone appointment with my support at the gp's office soon. I think I will call the hospital on monday and try to be a bit more serious, if that doesn't work I will ask if my support can call them for me.

Thankyou:)
    ᴛʜᴇ ᴍɪɴᴅ ɪs ᴛʜᴇ ᴋᴇʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ sᴇᴛs ʏᴏᴜ ғʀᴇᴇ