Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

People

NatalieMTNatalieMT Posts: 177 Helping Hand
Why do people pretend to care? Why do people make sweeping statements like ‘there will always be room and welcome to talk, they’ll listen ect ect’ when they don’t actually mean it?
is it to save face? Because they feel they should? 
It’s an insult to someone who could read sweeping statements, be genuinely in a bad place only to be rejected..
nothing has happened to warrant this post just fed up of seeing these kinds of posts when the person isn’t genuine, I remember reaching out when the case was happening, I though I had supportive people, but those people ran for cover, no where to be seem, I was left bare, struggling and looking after my daughter.
people aren’t there end of.
just please if you say something mean it, don’t say something you can’t live up to, that’s pretty devastating than having nothing it gives false hope and when it doesn’t happen the person seeking support knows there fucked!

Comments

• ThePigeonsThePigeons Posts: 199 Trailblazer
    I think it's because they don't know what to so or how to deal with it. I had friends that said 'I'm here for you, you can always talk to me' countless of times but when I wanted to talk about it they changed the subject. Said 'let's talk about something more joyful now' or just left me when I was at my weakest.

I think they care but don't know how to care
    ᴛʜᴇ ᴍɪɴᴅ ɪs ᴛʜᴇ ᴋᴇʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ sᴇᴛs ʏᴏᴜ ғʀᴇᴇ
  • Jade09Jade09 Moderator Posts: 660 Incredible Poster
    Hey there @NatalieMT it seems like things are pretty tough for you at the moment  <3

It can be difficult when we feel as if people pretend to care and listen but sometimes don't mean it, as @ThePigeons touched on it is usually because some people may not understand or have a lack of knowledge but it's completely okay to feel upset by this, as it's not a nice thing to go through when you are looking for support.  <3

I just wanted to remind you that The Mix is always here and we care about you!  :)

Is there anything that you feel you would like to talk about?  :)

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,493 Skive's The Limit
    Hey Nat!

i understand. I agree what others have said above. I guess they mean well but actually make you feel worse without knowing it. 

But i hope you know that someone will always be here to listen to you and eventually reply! <3 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Hi @NatalieMT

Just wanted to echo what the others have said, and empathise with you in understanding how difficult this can feel - big hugs :heart:

I just wanted to reassure you that The Mix will always be here for you, and that is a genuine statement :smile: How are you doing at the moment? :heart: