Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Under 16's Support Chat

TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
edited March 2020 in Community Announcements
Hey Mixlorians!

Under 16's Support Chat has been running for a while and the old Under 16's pinned post needed updating.

What is Under 16's Support Chat?

It's a place where anyone under the age of 16 can get support with anything on their mind, in a focused space. Much like a regular Support Chat, you don't need to create an account or sign-up in advance to join, and you can join at any time during the session.

You'll notice there is no opening or closing round in these sessions, which is because the groups aren't currently the right size to use those. We will likely bring them in as the group grows, along with the possibility of a General Chat segment (as talked about in the previous pinned post).

When is it?

Under 16's Support Chat is scheduled for every other Saturday, 6-7:30pm.

Check the latest weekly Group Chat announcement thread to see if it's on this week, or take a look at the Group Chat schedule on our website. We'll also let everyone know when it's open by posting here.

I'm over 16 - can I join?

Yes! If you're over 16, you can join as a listener. That means you won't be there to get support for yourself, but you can support our younger members and chat with the group more generally.

Under 16's can also come as listeners - you don't need to get support if you don't want to. :)

----

Any questions, post them below!

Mike & the team
We're @Aife, @Ella, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 5pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.

Comments

• Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,313 Part of The Furniture
    Under 16's Support Chat is happening tonight at 6pm. More the merrier!
    The truth resists simplicity.
  • Options
    Open!
  • Options
    Tonight at 6pm guys! Hope to see some of y'all there. :)
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,799 Master Poster
    Mike said:
    Tonight at 6pm guys! Hope to see some of y'all there. :)
    See you there.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    Open!
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Chatwee is being really dodgy on another forum I'm in mike, just a heads up. It keeps kicking us all out and our messages are going into cyberspace!
  • Options
    I'll be modding this one tonight - opening at 6pm!
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,799 Master Poster
    Yay! Speak later!
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    Aaand we're open. :)
  • Options
    This is happening tonight at 6pm (in 25 minutes). :3
  • Options
    Aaand we're open :)