Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Why?

Catherine0w0Catherine0w0 Posts: 8 Confirmed not a robot
Hi....
I am confused about my Mental Health because I think I have depression and anxiety but the more I think of it the more I feel like I need help.
TheMix has helped me realise that I am not alone in just a short amount of time.
I guess making friend online is easier than making friends IRL 'cause you are behind a screen and no-one can tell what you look like or who you are and if they don't want to be friends then you can just block them or not go on that website.

Thank you TheMix for helping me.

Comments

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
    Hey. It's understandable to be confused. Its so hard to make friends in real life do you have much communication with people other than online? Friends online can be good but sometimes we all need that connection with someone offline. Youre defo not alone and I'm glad you know that <3 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Han93Han93 Posts: 309 The Mix Regular
    We're all here for you @Catherine0w0

Have you spoken to your GP or another professional about how you've been feeling? It's a really big step for you to admit that you think you might need help so I just want to say you should be really proud of yourself and I definitely recommend you seeking a professional to talk through your feelings with <3
  • Options
    Jade09Jade09 Moderator Posts: 660 Incredible Poster
    Hey there @Catherine0w0 It's positive to hear that The Mix has helped you to feel like you aren't along, but it sounds like your'e struggling at the moment so sending big hugs!  <3

As @Han93 mentioned have you felt able to speak to your GP or any family about how you are feeling? It can be helpful to have that little bit of extra support.  :)

It's understandable that you may feel that making friends online is easier, is making friends in real life something you find difficult?  <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.