Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

is it?

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,940 Community Veteran
how do ppl with power get away with torture
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    edited March 2020
    I think sometimes people in power get away with things because they know how to manipulate situations so that their victims don’t speak out. Very wrong! Harvey Weinstein springs to mind. But I think parts of our culture are starting to empower people to speak out about these things - not always, though. 

Are you thinking of a particular person in power? You want to talk about it?
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,940 Community Veteran
    edited March 2020
    Ppl who ran care home I went to once They name called, have the other tenants threaten me with weapons and beat me, sexual assauted me at one point
    Post edited by Stephanie on
    Crazy mad insane
  • StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,083 Wise Owl
    edited March 2020
    Hey Ellie,

That sounds very distressing for you, did you tell anyone about this? Sorry to hear that you went through that.

Just to let you know I've edited your lastest post as it mentioned details, with the guidelines we have to be careful cause posts could potentially be triggering to others too, hope that makes sense :heart:

Just wanted to check in to see how you are doing? :heart:

We're always here for you, sending lots of hugs :heart:
    Post edited by Stephanie on
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,940 Community Veteran
    ppl thought I was 'crying wolf' so I decided 2 stay quiet
    Crazy mad insane