Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Where is the best place to buy glasses?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Had an eye test today and turns out i need glasses for driving so i wondering where to go? I had it done at the uni optometry clinic but theirs were quite expensive so i was wondering if specsavers or somewhere else is cheaper?

Edit: just as a comparison, im gonna get special lenses that dont have any glare from headlights etc which the uni charges £50 for plus around another 50 for the frames depending on what i have.

Comments

• Options
    Asda seemed pretty good when i went there recently. I ended up getting contacts off them!
  • Options
    Personally, I would shop around and see (pun not intended!) what deals are out there now.
  • Options
    Gah the asda near me doesnt do glasses so im thinking of either going to specsavers or vision express. Just looked on the specsavers website and they they have an offer on where they'll do the anti-glare lenses for free if you buy certain ones. The only other place i can think of is Boots, i dont really wanna get them online
  • Options
    I've used several opticians, I think SpecSavers is generally cheapest of the high street opticians (don't know how the supermarket ones compare).
  • Options
    Tesco do decent glasses that aren't that expensive :)

I get my glasses/contacts from Vision Express but there not the cheapest :(
  • Options
    Tesco do decent glasses that aren't that expensive :)

I get my glasses/contacts from Vision Express but there not the cheapest :(

Asda! I had a free contact lense appointment and i get monthly disposables for a tenner!
  • Options
    Aaaagh but the asda and tesco near me dont have the opticians bit attached :(
    I've looked online and specsavers has some good offers so it'll probably be there
  • Options
    specsavers :heart:
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,320 Part of The Furniture

specsavers by a mile 

https://www.specsavers.co.uk/stores/kirkby

sorry post was from 2010 just realised new to the mix sarah x
    No worries @sarahlousie2 - easily done! Glad you clocked that it's an old thread. I've removed your posts and closed this thread for now. :) Good to see you posting though.
    The truth resists simplicity.
This discussion has been closed.