Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

I don't know whats wrong

christinaj123christinaj123 Posts: 32 Boards Initiate
Right so i don't know whats wrong or if this is normal, but since around the end of September I've been having really extreme mood swings. Like i would be fine for a couple days then be really depressed and suicidal for a few days or even weeks then extremely annoyed and angry at nothing for days or weeks and then overly energetic and happy, speak so fast that nobody can understand me. 

I'ts like on the 18th i went to sleep perfectly fine then i woke up on the 19th and felt really sad and depressed and i still am.

I could be sitting in class and someone would say what happened to you, yesterday you looked pure sad and didn't talk and today you cant stop talking or laughing. Some people notice it and some people don't.
Tagged:

Comments

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Ill say it before anyone else says it lol. But nothing is "normal". 
    If you feel a change in way you feel than it sounds like something you need to seek help for. It doesnt make it wrong for feeling that way just maybe need extra support at this time. Esp for when youre feeling suicidal. Do you know if anything has triggered this?
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Hi, 

This sounds really difficult for you so you absolutely did the right thing by speaking to us about this :heart:

There are lots of reasons people can experience extreme mood swings - and the good news is that there are also lots of things we can do to help ourselves with whatever may be causing them. I wouldn't like to suggest any causes or diagnoses as I am not a professional, so I am wondering how you would feel about visiting a GP about this? 

You did well to share that you sometimes feel suicidal. You really deserve to feel supported for this, so I am just wondering if you have any support in place at the moment (perhaps any trusted people you can speak to?) for when you are feeling this way? Remember you can always speak to the crisis messenger if you are struggling to keep yourself safe :heart:

In the mean time, you might like to read through a helpful article here :heart:

Take good care x
  • Jade09Jade09 Moderator Posts: 660 Incredible Poster
    Hey @christinaj123

Its positive that you have reached out here, and it sounds like things have been pretty tough for you the past couple of months, with your mood fluctuating from highs to lows. It may be a good idea to visit your GP, as they may be able to advise you on why you are experiencing these mood swings and also what support is available to you. How would you feel about doing this? 

Has anything happened recently that may have triggered these feelings at all?  <3

The article that @coc0mac suggested may be worth a read as its quite good, explaining and trying to help you to understand mood swings.  :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • christinaj123christinaj123 Posts: 32 Boards Initiate
    Hi @coc0mac

i think it would help a lot going to my GP but I don’t think I want to.

i have spoke to the crisis messenger before and found it helpful, so if I do feel as bad as that again I think I would talk to them.

Hey @Jade09

Before Christmas my granda had died 4 years ago so that’s probably what triggered  those feelings, but any other time there was no triggers for any of the highs or lows. It’s so random at times like I could just be scrolling through tik tok as I normally do then burst out in anger for nothing, like wtf then I’ll probably be annoyed and in a bad mood for the next week 
  • StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,083 Wise Owl
    edited December 2019
    Sending hugs to you @christinaj123

You mention about being annoyed and in a bad mood for the next week, do you want to talk more about that? Do you have anything that may help you feel better, coping strategies/distractions? :heart:

With regards to going to the GP there is no pressure, have you heard of Doc Ready it's a really cool tool to help with a doctors visit, could be worth looking at if you decide going to the GP is for you, no pressure at all :heart:

We are here for you :smile: 
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • AdamAdam Deactivated Posts: 25 Boards Initiate
    Hey @christinaj123 ,

Thank you to reaching out to us and sorry to hear you are going through a though time at this moment. :heart:

The article @coc0mac suggested here is a great read for understanding mood swings.

Following up from @Jade09 comment, visiting a GP can really help understand what may be causing these swings. However, I can understand that it can be daunting in doing so :heart:

Another article that i can suggest reading is here, this article was answered by one of the expert advisors who focus on mood swings and mental health.

We are always here the help :heart:
    --------
    Adam
    @Stephanie  

usually I draw and paint to calm down my anxiety a bit but I’ve been doing it a lot more recently to try help with everything and it does help but if I make even a wee mistake it annoys me even more, and then I’m scared that I’ll stop talking to everyone because I’m so annoyed.

it happened in the summer, my big brother took us all out to dinner and stuff happened and I got so annoyed and angry that I stopped talking to anyone for about 3 or 4 days straight then got into a massive argument with my big sister.

I was actually thinking about just walking out of the restaurant and going somewhere, I didn’t really care I just wanted to get away from everyone and not go home. I was so annoyed at everyone I almost asked my mum if I could go live with my godmother for a while 
    @Adam

I read the article and I can relate to it, on a normal school night I go to sleep at 11 and wake up around 7 so I’ll get around 8 or 9 hours of sleep and I’ll still be really tired going to school and have no energy for anything. Then I come home after school and most times I’ll sit around for about half an hour then fall asleep till about 5 or 6 and again I’ll still be tired.

When I’ve not got school I’ll go to sleep about 1 or 2 in the morning and not wake up till 12 or 1 in the afternoon, even at that it’s still hard to get out of bed. Even though I literally sleep for half the day I’ll still be really tired and and have no energy.