Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Sad and confused

spikeyrosesspikeyroses Posts: 1 Just got here
Hi, so I haven't done this before, but in a nutshell my best friend, boyfriend and myself all went out last night, we were all very VERY drunk, myself and her more. Things got a bit heated and we all decided to 'enter the bedroom' per say. Things were fine until my boyfriend started paying complete attention to her and not me like I was literally sitting at the end of the bed. He also started trying to do the things that only me and him do with eachother, personal and intimate stuff you know? What makes it worse is he left the pub before as and started messaging her saying about it and now all I have in my head is a flashback of seeing them two together and seeing the messages on her phone. I feel like I've been cheated on but have to just carry on as normal. Sorry this was so long. 

Comments

• coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Hi @spikeyroses

You did really well to share this with us today! Your feelings are understandable and I am so glad you felt able to speak to us :heart:

With any relationship, I truly believe that communication is key. So with this in mind, I am wondering how you would feel about speaking to your boyfriend about this? You could also speak to your friend later, but I understand if it's easier to take things one step at a time. Sometimes it can be easier to speak about difficult things over text messages, so that you have time to think about what you'd like to say and how to react to whatever he may say in response. Other people might find it easier to write down how they are feeling (just as you have done here :smile:) and then sit down and have a face-to-face chat with your notes to make sure you are expressing all that you'd like to say. How do you think this would be?

We are here for you :heart: Take good care!
  • Lauren223Lauren223 Posts: 71 Budding Regular

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so just wanted to check in and see how you're doing <3

Relationships of any kind - whether romantic or platonic, can be hard, so it's understandable that you felt the way you did, after all you can't help how you feel.

How would you feel about talking to them about how you feel? They might not know that you're feeling this way and could do things that make you feel worse, which isn't fair on you.

Have you heard of Brook? They provide information and support for all things sex and relationships. You don't need to use them if you don't want to, but it's always useful to know what support is out there - we will always be here for you though <3

Hope things get better for you!
    Lauren
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Heyy. That doesnt sound okay to be happening. Espically in front of you. Has anything changed since you posted this?I was wondering if you took laurens and cocomac advice of speaking to them? You deserve to be treated better than that <3
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley