Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Weekly challenge #126

StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,083 Wise Owl
edited January 2023 in General Chat

Hey folks, Happy Christmas Eve :heart::star:

So for this weekly challenge we are going to be sharing our Christmas traditions, :heart:

Happy sharing, we look forward to reading all your traditions. :smile:

Also feel free to vote for next weeks weekly challenge the last one of 2019 :star:

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

Weekly challenge #126 7 votes

New year traditions
85% 6 votes
Declutter challenge
14% 1 vote
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• LubnaLubna Deactivated Posts: 496 Listening Ear
    Most of us are going to my Grandma's at 5 and we open what she has bought us and give her what we have bought her💜
  • PoppyBPoppyB Posts: 228 Trailblazer
    In terms of traditions, my family never really made a big deal of Easter so when me & my brothers were younger, we basically had an easter egg hunt for christmas so my parents would hide our presents around the house with clues for where the next present was...I can only imagine the neighbours' horror when they heard 4 children loudly running up and down the stairs at 6.30am!!
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Me and mam always get each other new Jammie's on Christmas Eve 😊 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Christmas Eve: Steve the elf puts new PJs on our bed and we have takeaway and watch love actually.
    Christmas day: always do some family breakfast thing.
    Boxing day: family come over and we have a second christmas
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    Christmas Day either my mum or my sister cooks dinner and my brother and sister in law come round and then during the evening we go to my cousins to watch Christmas tv and they do a buffet in the evening 

dueing Boxing Day we just have a chill day and mum does a buffet for a late lunch/ dinner and we devoure our way though the copious amounts of chocolates 😂
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Play loads of board games. This year we also played pass the parcel lol it was so fun!haha. Gunna make that a tradition. Kids game but the most fun game
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,083 Wise Owl
    Hey folks,

Thank you so much for sharing and taking part in this weekly challenge :heart:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.