Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Please Share Experience With CAMHS

maddie050maddie050 Posts: 47 Boards Initiate
edited October 2019 in Health & Wellbeing
Hey all! im Maddie, i'm 13. i'm giving @Aife credit for sharing this supportive idea, since i'm new to CAMHS, i wanted to ask some questions, and hear about your experience or experiences with CAMHS. So far, ive had one meeting. They said they would try and get me a CAMHS worker, so my first question would be, what is a CAMHS worker, and what do they do? And another question would be, what is the next step?

if you like, you can even say if CAMHS was 'Good', 'Alright', 'Bad' or 'Terrible'. and your opinion matters to me. <3

Take care, and please comment your experiences or experience and answers (to my questions). It means a lot, i'm kind of stuck.

- Maddie
Sometimes space and time is the cure, but all it is, is Support, Passion, Love and Belief.

Comments

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,497 Skive's The Limit
    Heyy!

ive was under CAMHS and i think theyre really good. They care a lot more than the adult services ever did and i never had to wait to see them either started the same week as refereal.  But obviously different outcomes for different people & areas. A camhs worker would just be someone you see every so often and get to know you / your challenges to see where to go from there. Ie therapy ect. And just someone who co ordinates your care. I saw my camhs worker every week for a year and had some other support in there like home treatment team and they was good. 

Hope that helps!
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Hey Shaunie!

Thank you so much for answering my questions and sharing your experience with CAMHS. I understand a lot better than i first did! <3.

I hope you are feeling well :)

Take care <3

- Maddie
    Sometimes space and time is the cure, but all it is, is Support, Passion, Love and Belief.

• Options
    LubnaLubna Deactivated Posts: 496 Listening Ear
    Hey Maddie

I have been with CAMHS for years. Here a CAMHS worker is a Community psychicatric nurse or a Care Co-ordinator that looks after your care in the first instance. Some have special training like I had a Care Co-ordinator and she was also a psychotherapist. For me, they have listened to how my time has been since our appointments and how I have been. 

What happens next depends on what your first meeting was. Was it an assesment? 
  • Options
    Heya @Lubna

thanks for the information and for sharing your experience with CAMHS. it really helped. I hope it worked well for you <3

And yes, mine was an assessment... do you know what happens after that?  :)

• Options
    LubnaLubna Deactivated Posts: 496 Listening Ear
  • Options
    Thanks @Lubna! I'll check it out. Take care <3

• Options
    i've checked it out, and it was very useful and understanding, thanks for finding this for me @Lubna <3