Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Two-thirds of LBGT people

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
'fear holding hands in public' according to BBC News today.

I knew the feeling well when walking around town in parts of the UK, though nowhere in Mallorca which is quite gay friendly. However, when last in Italy my fear was worse since the country strongly disapproved of gays and our lifestyles.

Anyway, I thought this news feature was most interesting, and hope you do, too. :)

Comments

• LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    I do agree while it's not perfect we are reletively safe and can be ourselves especially with these pride events in basically every part of the UK they really help. 

There is much more support(LGBT+ youth groups)  and places to go like nightclubs ect. 

We definitely have it better than other places and while trans individuals still have to tip toe around here,  it's nowhere near as bad as other places like American where you can get shot in your daily life. 

It's really sad that people can't just have an opinion and get on with their lives :(

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
    Much to my irritation, it's religious intolerance towards LGBTs that upsets me. Recently I became a Christian - personally, the most moving experience I have ever had - only later to be nastily condemned by a fundamentalist saying I'm going to be roasted in hell. These people will not give an inch to reasoning, and are horrible with it.

Surprisingly, the generation of what would have been my grandparents are non-judgemental and pleased for me, smiling when they saw Ines and me holding hands in our town. That made my day. =)
  • lovingcharlieandsexlovingcharlieandsex Posts: 8 Confirmed not a robot
    "Much to my irritation, it's religious intolerance towards LGBTs that upsets me (snip) These people will not give an inch to reasoning, and are horrible with it."

I understand the person above. I used to consider myself "a believer" but after a similar experience I made a conscious effort not to believe and now consider myself a non-believer.

These people are supposed to love everyone! Why does who I have sex with or build an emotional relationship with affect their lives or impact on them in any way?

Live your life - the only person who has a right to make you feel bad about yourself is you.
  • JordanJordan Moderator Posts: 343 The Mix Regular
    Hi, this is a really old thread. I appreciate that you went your way to give your personal experience, but as the user is no longer around I’m going to go ahead and lock this thread. 

If it’s a topic you want to talk about, feel free to make a new post related to you. 
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
This discussion has been closed.