Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

My mums not listening to me

L100L100 Posts: 128 The Mix Convert
so basically, my mums doesn’t seem to be listening to me, you know the previous incidents on here I’ve posted about it’s the truth but my mum keeps thinking of lying and blaming my diabeties as I’m type 1. The thing is I avoid not controlling it after incidents get to much as I don’t want to go back to my old self back in 2014 (because of school) which no one knows apart from a couple close friends. People just thought it was mistake but I sort of basically self harmed back then because it got to the point where I took to much insulin on purpose and ended up in a diabetic coma and a 1 week In hospital. So I don’t want to end up going back to that event. However its getting awkard. I’m supposed to be going on holiday soon  supposed to (leaving 9th evening)but since the insurance only covers Europe. My mum says the insurance probaly won’t cover my diabeties since it’s under poor control. However I’m trying to get it back into control these coming days. I’ve tried explaining but she’s just ignoring me and it seems like she doesn’t want to take me on holiday because of the insurance issue. 
I’m worried that she’s going to not take me and take my brother instead. 

I don’t know what to do 😦

Comments

• ValerialettoValerialetto Posts: 87 Budding Regular
    Hey @L100,

I understand your worries about situation and the fact that mother doesn't listen to you..it can be very upsetting but don't let this feeling carry you away. Moreover I guess you undestand that for your mother your health is first so she really worries about you getting in troubles in case something goes out of control.  People don't know what's going on inside so that's why they just make decisions based on your previous behaivior and it's not because she is indifferent to you, quite opposite..
    But what if to find the number of your insurance company and ask them about your case and options your insurance can offer outside Europe? 
  • Han93Han93 Posts: 309 The Mix Regular
    Hi @L100

Sending you hugs <3

I agree with @Valerialetto I think your mum is probably just acting this way because she cares about you. But it's tough when you know how you're feeling in yourself. 

I agree that the best possible route may be to call the insurance number and ask them what they cover? Or it may be worth you and your mum going to your GP and discussing it with them? If she hears that you're ok to travel from a professional, it may make her feel better about it.
  • L100L100 Posts: 128 The Mix Convert
    Thanks guys and it’s sorted.