Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Therapy

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,960 Community Veteran
My therapy is nearly finished, wat hpns after
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• JordanJordan Moderator Posts: 343 The Mix Regular
    Hi @ellie2000 if your time with a therapist is coming to an end, it might be good to talk through with them what happens after and what sort of support you can expect. Are you choosing to end your time with your therapist or was it a scheduled/prearranged time?
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,960 Community Veteran
    She just gave me 4 weeks worth of dates and I gather that tht will b the end after those 4
    Crazy mad insane
    But I was given a txt number. Would you happen to know anyone who knows about 'shout'
    Crazy mad insane
  • JordanJordan Moderator Posts: 343 The Mix Regular
    It might be the case that your therapist only schedules for the month, or it is perhaps the case that you only have four weeks worth of dates. It is best to check in with them to see what will happen after those four weeks and what sort of support you'll get after them. 

Shout is an organisation that offers a 24/7 helpline, you can read a bit more about what they offer on their website to see if that sort of support will be helpful for you.
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    Wats the 'go and stay over night' service 4
    Crazy mad insane
  • Butterfly23Butterfly23 Posts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
    Hey Ellie,

I agree with @Jordan and say that it would be a good idea to talk to your therapist about what happens next, this could be you may be transferred to another service or they may recommend other options which could be useful to you. :)

Keep talking to us,

Butterfly x
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,493 Skive's The Limit
    Hey. Def sounds like a good idea to check what happens after. We will all be here for you either way. Did you use shout? Ive used before and theyre nice 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    I haven't talk to them yet, wat do u txt them about
    Crazy mad insane
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,493 Skive's The Limit
    They can help with crisis stuff so it says 

Our crisis text line could help with urgent issues such as:

• Suicidal thoughts
    • Abuse or assault
    • Self-harm
    • Bullying
    • Relationship breakdown
    Do you think its something youd try?

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • CarolineVCarolineV Posts: 133 The Mix Convert
    ellie2000 said:
    I haven't talk to them yet, wat do u txt them about
    You can text them about anything you want @ellie2000, you could talk about how you're feeling or what's going on in your life right now :)
  • Butterfly23Butterfly23 Posts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
    Hey @ellie2000

I hope that you will be able to contact shout, they can be really helpful 💗 let us know how it goes.

Butterfly x