Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

June photo challenge

AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Image result for hello june

Hey everyone,

Summer is officially here! Here's our June photo challenge:

• 1 June - Your favourite thing about June
  • 2 June - Summer is...
  • 3 June - Ice cream
  • 4 June - Something blue
  • 5 June - Sun flare
  • 6 June - Throwback Thursday
  • 7 June - Your pick!
  • 8 June - Something good you've done for the environment (for World Oceans Day)
  • 9 June - Self-care Sunday
  • 10 June - Something purple for Carers Awareness Week
  • 11 June - Your favourite mobile app
  • 12 June - Unwind 
  • 13 June - Upside down
  • 14 June - Handwriting 
  • 15 June - Weekend plans
  • 16 June - Nature colours 
  • 17 June - Confetti
  • 18 June - Sunny
  • 19 June - On a walk
  • 20 June - Abstract
  • 21 June - Morning sky
  • 22 June - Picnic 
  • 23 June - Favourite place
  • 24 June - Something strange
  • 25 June - Refreshing 
  • 26 June - Something that motivates you 
  • 27 June - A must have item in your bag
  • 28 June - Simplicity
  • 29 June - Long exposure 
  • 30 June - Something you're proud of this month

Hope you enjoy this photo challenge! 

If you're interested in getting involved in some of the fun things we have going on at The Mix such as suggesting some photo themes for the next challenge, a weekly challenge idea, or writing something for the newsletter let us know over on this form.

Have fun!

Aife

Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    edited June 2019
    Your pick - i feel like that would normally be "something new" so thats not on any other the other days so ill do that lol

So i did some retail therapy other day and only things new. Brought more than this even tho borrowed money of my sister lol:/. Need more summer clothes tho :/ But anyway was soo happy to find sandals that i actually like thats not completly flat and have a small heel and doesnt make a niose when walk. And they was only £16!!!  (Sorry everything is creased tho lol and teddy gets in way of everything i do ahah)

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    Of course I had to choose and photo of my Lou , this is my fav one - my lock screen now ❤️

Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • AbigailAbigail Posts: 816 Part of The Mix Family
    Sadly I couldnt wear my purple top this morning. So purple nails will have to do.
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
    Confetti-

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Sunny - this is as close as you get in Scotland 😂 my aunt arrived today so we took a walk up to the lighthouse to see the puffins and this is the view 👌

' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Went for a B-Day walk up a massive hill with the fam & J and the view did not disappoint 👌 

' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Faviourate place - my bed room

is always a mess so yeah didnt take picture of much. And it is always embarrassing with how ive hanged that mirror up lolll 

• DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    Don't have pictures of the things but I will just say what it is.

June 1st- Actually being able to do my gymnastics badges.

June 2nd- Painful when you get burnt and too hot.

June 3rd- Favourites are Strawberry, vanilla, Strawberry, mango and coconut. 

June 4th- My blazer, skirt and pe kit. 

June 5th- Out the window in the car on the way to school in the summer.

June 6th- Performing in Professionals On Ice (no joke.)

June 7th- Something pink- my old ppe book

June 8th- I have been saving my plastic water bottles and re-using them.

June 9th- Cats, blanket, phone, YouTube, sofa, food and water.

June 10th- The purple sequins on my ice skating hoody.

June 11th- Toon Blast and YouTube

June 12th- At school- calm down room. At home- bathroom as I can just look at the beautiful photos on the wall with a cat on my lap (thanks Shadow.)

June 13th- When I am doing back handspring somersaults at gymnastics and handstands.

June 14th- Fairly neat. History- absolute shit. Haha. Like me.

June 15th- Yesterday I went Strawberry picking, made angel delight with strawberries in, ate chicken nuggets with chips, shot nerf gun bullets, taught a dog how to dance, blasted Who Let The Dogs Out full blast on Alexa, got licked by a dog, had egg fried rice for dinner and I ate loads of strawberries as I picked about 1.7kg. Today I spent lots of time with my sister as she came back home for good and I have eaten lots of crisps because why not? Oh and I have been on the boards.

June 16th- Green, brown, blue and red (strawberries.)

June 17th- The confetti cannon and the card shop across the road from my friends house.

June 18th- Yesterday 

June 19th- Going through different parks with my friends or finding somewhere to sit at lunchtime. Oh and walking the 400 and 800 metres at school. Or being cheeky at gymnastics whilst everyone else is running in warm up (I do run for as long as I can though so don't moan at me.)

June 20th- Whatever that means.

June 21st- Lanzarote or at my friends flat.

June 22nd- What I have when I buy loads of food from the canteen and sit with other people at break time at school.

June 23rd- At school- the library, canteen or toilets. At home- sofa and bed. When I am out- anywhere with food. Lanzarote- the restaurant or the pool. My friends house- in my friends brothers room playing pranks.

"There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    Something strange - my dad's friend has a random plane is his garden cause why not 🤷😂

June 24th- My friends dog being caught with a "fight me" face in action.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru

June 25th - Refreshing

I'm a big fan of NKD actually,  got a blueberry and elderflower last night,  

Got a lemon and lime for tonight,  it's super refreshing! 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
    A must have item in my bag-
     hand sanitizer

• davcr0ckdavcr0ck Posts: 774 Part of The Mix Family
    29th June 

Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 
    25th June- Lemonade. And of course water as well. Sometimes orange juice as well but it isn't very good for my throat as it sometimes makes me feel sick for some strange reason.

26th June- The Mix, Beat, my counsellor, Childline and my girlfriend. Does the periodic table song by ASAPScience also count as well?

27th June- Portable charger. I can never go out without that.  And my phone too because otherwise there is no point of carrying a portable charger and a long lead.

28th June- Chalk because of blackboards in the olden days. 

29th June- I don't know what that even means so I won't put anything. 

30th June- My improvements in gymnastics and my fear of balloons being dramatically reduced.

• davcr0ckdavcr0ck Posts: 774 Part of The Mix Family
    30th June 
    I'm super happy how this shot turned out, I took it back right at the beginning of the month, to be exact, 1st June, the 0928 to Worcester Foregate Street arriving into Oxford 
    Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help