Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Dream hoilday location/place

davcr0ckdavcr0ck Posts: 774 Part of The Mix Family
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hey all, 

I just thought of this we all have the places where we want to go, for me, I'm always an fan of going to London, and their this place in Scotland that I really want to go to called

Corrour in Scotland
It's in the middle of nowhere and you have to take an train or walk 20 miles from the nearest road, and you can just experience complete silence  Corrour Station House
https://maps.app.goo.gl/nnMCkXXnsYMD4yW26 Theirs a link if you wanna check it out

So i leave you with this
What your favorite location for an hoilday and where do you dream of going too? 
Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 
Post edited by JustV on
Tagged:

Comments

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Canada
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    This is a great thread idea @davcr0ck

I just looked up the place you want to go to. It looks so nice and peaceful! It really is in the middle of nowhere. I also just edited that link for you because it wasn't working.

I'd love to go to Hawaii one day. It looks so pretty!

Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    These places:

Lanzarote 
    Newcastle
    Ireland
    Isle of Wight 
    Greece- Mainland 
    Greece- Skopelos 
    Sweden
    Portugal
    France
    Glasgow
    Barcelona  (I hopefully get to go with my school in a couple of years.)
    Iceland (the country- not shop.)
    Hawaii
    USA
    Canada
    Cape Town
    Anywhere in Africa
    Australia
    China 
    Turkey
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • davcr0ckdavcr0ck Posts: 774 Part of The Mix Family
    Aife said: I also just edited that link for you because it wasn't working.

Thanks btw
    Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 
  • chubbydumplingchubbydumpling Posts: 487 Listening Ear
    edited June 2019
    My favourite place is the English Riviera since I spent a lot of my childhood summers there. Here's a few places I'd love to visit one day:

• Phuket, Thailand
    • Chiang Rai, Thailand
    • Isle of Skye, Scotland
    • Venice, Italy
    • Honolulu, Hawaii
    • Song Saa Island, Cambodia
    • Pamukkale, Turkey
    • Havana, Cuba
    • New England, USA
    • New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
    • Luxor, Egypt
    • Tokyo, Japan
  • ItaliaItalia Posts: 220 Trailblazer
    @davcr0ck is it a coincidence that your dream holiday spot it close to where one of most rated train journeys in the world is? 

“People who wade into discomfort and vulnerability and tell the truth about their stories are the real badasses.”
    -
    Brene Brown

edited June 2019
    @Italia Yeah that and you can take the best sleeper service from Euston at the night and the next day get out and go for an walk, spent an night at the air B&B property on the site of the station and take the next sleeper service back to Fort Williams
  • ItaliaItalia Posts: 220 Trailblazer
    Amazing!
    The train that inspired Harry Potter is up that way right? Do you like steam trains as well? 

“People who wade into discomfort and vulnerability and tell the truth about their stories are the real badasses.”
    -
    Brene Brown

Yeah I do like steam but prefer diesel, love to do an rail tour up in Scotland but their so expensive like £1000
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Finland(Helsinki, Lapland or a nice small place such as Seinäjoki) 

I also really like IrelandScotland and Sweden

But I think my first holiday will be a weekend away in York 💕 :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I would love to go back to Greece and visit all the island. Such a beautiful place.

I'd also love to go palau. It's a place with many islands  in the Pacific Ocean. Beautiful beautiful place. (Google it)
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    Somewhere with WiFi that works. Having to use my data that isn't even that much. :(
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Bora Bora 😁 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''