Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Sometimes all you need is comfort (read if you’re struggling 💗)

Butterfly23Butterfly23 Posts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
Hey everyone!

I’ve struggled the past few days... wondering why I’m on this earth, many questions regarding the past and so on. My depression and anxiety was ready to take over, the thoughts were spiralling out of control, as was I and yesterday it hit rock bottom.

However, I got through it and so can you! Just because everything seems impossible it doesn’t mean you can’t fight 💗 just thought I’d share a few things that helped me last night to stay safe and wake up feeling (bit better) and willing to do everything I can do beat this.

1. I used the website called “I feel like shit” and it takes you through a range of questions for self care to help you to feel better within your body. Stuff like “have you drank anything in the last hour” self care doesn’t have to be having a bubble bath sometimes it just needs to be feeding yourself or drinking enough water. — this already made me feel better, as I felt physically well which gave me more strength to fight the thoughts.

2. Comfort, I went downstairs and sat with my mum for most of the night, grabbed my fluffy throw (which btw if you haven’t got one you are missing out) and watched soaps with a massive bar of chocolate. Although she didn’t know how I felt it was the company and safety that I needed to whether or not she knew I was struggling that didn’t matter.

3. Support, I contacted the mix crisis messenger and talked things through, giving me the calmness I needed to clear my mind and think about things more rationally.

4. Gratitude, when we are really struggling it’s hard to find things that we are grateful for as we can lose this within our thoughts and feelings and perceptions of the world. I used the app “ Grateful” and added in something that made me smile and some other things. 

5. Meditation, I used a app called “Breathe” which asks questions on how you are feeling and gives you relevant meditation exercises, these are usually less than 5 mins so it isn’t as hard in situations where your particularly anxious for example. It helped me to just stop and think about my body and my breathing, tranquility and calmness was upon me.

6. Lastly, I believed and I fought and that is why I am here today. This is why we all are still here today on this earth. We all have purpose, even if we can’t find it when we are struggling. It’s important to remember that hard times do pass just like the hours do and if to get through a time you need to take it hour then do so!!!

I hope this helped some of you even just one of you.. take care 💗💗

Comments

• Options
    JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,874 Extreme Poster
    Ah this is really useful thanks for posting it. I like hearing what has helped other people as it gives me new ideas to try for mysef 
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
  • Options
    @Jellyelephant thank you so much I’m glad to hear that it helped you! X
  • Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    hey @Butterfly23

Thanks so much for sharing this, it's lovely that you've taken the time to share these tips to help others. Glad they helped you too. :heart:

" And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    That means a lot thank you 💗