Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Self harm

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,962 Community Veteran
edited May 2019 in Health & Wellbeing
Sometimes I feel bad and I self-harm is that not good

[edited and moved from Anything Goes by moderator]
Crazy mad insane
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
    edited May 2019
    Doesnt sound very comfortable. Just so understand- how does that make you feel?   As long as youre not intending to end your life by doing that - whether its "good" or not is up to you. Youre in control and have chioces:). 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    I don't enjoy it. I panic sometimes n I don't know how to cope on my own. It's less visible to ppl. I sometimes lots of painkillers after.

[edited by moderator] 
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    Understand can be form of expression. Is that something you want to stop or?  You dont have to stop self harming if thats not your aims in life. Thats your choice. But what you do after it sounds unsafe if you take more than recommended amount. 

Are you recieveing support?
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    I do want to stop. I'm not gd at making decisions
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    Youre good at making the decision on wanting to stop and knowing what you want. 

What things have helped you in the past or things that could be alternatives? If you can think of any
  • Options
    PS4 far cry 5
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    Send hugs to keep me going
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,084 Wise Owl
    Hey Ellie,

How are you feeling today? :heart:

Sending hugs, it's positive to see you reaching out for support here. We care about you :heart:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.