Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

A goodbye from Jane

TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,039 Boards Guru
edited May 2019 in General Chat
Hey everyone,

Most of you will know Jane from group chat. She's been part of the team for two and a half years, not only doing chats herself, but also training and supporting others on the moderation team, and doing lots of amazing work behind the scenes. Jane also ran the Under 16's Support Chat sessions that ran for a while.

She's been a real asset to this community during her time here, and now the time has come for her to move on to new things. Below is a message from her. :)

Mike & the team

Dear Community,

Firstly, you are all awesome. Secondly, it's kinda weird and of course, sad saying this *but* it's time for me to leave The Mix and so I say 'goodbye' and best wishes to you all.

I've been moderating and supervising on The Mix for about two and a half years. In this time, I've loved getting to know and doing my best to support you all and also helping moderators grow and develop in their roles. I've enjoyed modding Under 16s chat which happened on a Saturday. Thank you Abi for reminding me about that time I ate a whole lot of spinach at the same time as modding one shift xD. That shift was fun - thank you to those people who made it so memorable! Keep opening-up as best you can in Support Chats everyone. It's what we're here for. Seeing your honesty, bravery and support of each other has been a very moving thing. You're beautiful people.

I'm moving on to be a 'user experience designer' which means using psychology helping to design products including websites to be user-friendly. It's a really cool career if you want to look it up :D. I wish each and every one of you all the best with everything that you do. Shout-outs to all of the community who make it a special and inspiring place. Bye for now 'fam ;)

:) Jane
We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.

Comments

• LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Awe so glad Jane left us a message! 
    I hadn't used the mix for very long so didn't know too much about her but the times she supervised were truly amazing and I couldn't of trained with someone so caring or kind 💕

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • AbigailAbigail Posts: 816 Part of The Mix Family
    @Laine she was a boss mod for U16s i won't lie about that. Even though she might not have been known for a long time she was a good person to chat with in any situation. The spinach i only remember it was weird I can't help but remember the word and wonderful. 
    Going to miss another July baby mod in chat. Its like another piece of old history of chat mods gone. Don't want to think about who is next.  :'(
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,721 Master Poster
    I had better be dreaming that she is leaving. She was such an amazing mod and she will be missed so much. So glad she left a message for us though. Good luck for the future. I will try and not cry or argue too much.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous