Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Need to talk

NatalieMTNatalieMT Posts: 177 Helping Hand
is anyone here? 

Comments

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Yeah. You ok?
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Hey @NatalieMT

I just wanted to check in and ask how are you feeling today? I hope everything is okay. We're all here for you <3

Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • NatalieMTNatalieMT Posts: 177 Helping Hand
    Sorry, spoke to someone on crisis messenger was really struggling, with flashbacks and panic attacks. I rang 111 went to hospital and spoke to someone there, lost my fight and my thoughts were all going one way, stayed there for a while, until I felt safe to go home, they were really nice to me, a CPN has been to see me today, feeling vulnerable and scared, struggling at night. I stopped myself from self harming by going to hospital last night. Told my CPN places of safety she’s said to focus on them, my only fear I fear I’m posting too much means I’m too needy and I don’t want to push people away because I hate feeling alone in this. 

My cousin dropped little one off with flowers and hugs for me, feeling a bit better but anxious and hyper vigilant with everything. Taking some time from work we’re going away for a week after this week. 

Sorry hope I didn’t worry you both, searching for a place of safety, this place is my place of safety well one where people won’t think I’m a bad person for how I am right now.

I feel stupid and embarrassed with myself, how I have come to this. I’m frustrated because I fell apart previously fearing no one would believe me, but then a room full of strangers saw the pain I was experiencing from trauma and believed me. Now I’m lost and have been since. Is it possible for someone to be hurt in their life and feel alien to not being hurt such that they want to be hurt because that’s numbing?

Thank you for caring, your care is keeping me fighting. I do hold your words close to my heart and listen to them. 

💕 Natalie