Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

To think its not healthy to be in just my pants

SubrooSubroo Posts: 11 Settling in
just because I didn't have my PE kit? Having to do the lesson like that? 

Comments

• Options
    SubrooSubroo Posts: 11 Settling in
    Hi Aiden
    Yes, it was degrading having to do the lesson in just my bra and knickers. I've never liked PE, but that shouldn't be a reason to make me do that? 
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,313 Part of The Furniture
    Aidan said:
    If it was humiliating especially when you don't like PE anyway, you could always talk to a teacher about it, maybe go through your school's complaints procedure. There's no reason to be making people exercise in front of others in their underwear in 2019.
    Adding to what @Aidan and some others have already said on this, that feels like an abuse of power. It is something that used to happen (you might hear older people mention it in a 'back in my day...' type of speech), particularly in primary schools. But times have moved on since then, and it's another thing entirely to make a teenager do this - when bodies are changing, people are naturally self-conscious, and hormones are absolutely everywhere.

At a very basic level, too, you have a right to bodily autonomy. Nobody should be forcing you to do anything you're uncomfortable with when it comes to what you're wearing or not wearing, and it seems very wrong for a teacher to make you undress for the sake of a PE lesson.

Is there another teacher you can tell? Perhaps somebody you trust, or somebody more senior? There may even be laws/regulations against this (I'm not an expert so don't know for sure), but even if there aren't, you're well within your rights to complain and inform another staff member.

Let us know how it goes @Subroo, and sorry you had to go through this - what an awful experience. :(
    The truth resists simplicity.