Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

This bubble

NatalieMTNatalieMT Posts: 177 Helping Hand
I sometime wish that I put myself and my little me in a bubble which is barriered in such a way that we can see out but no one can see or come in!

That for me seems like the only form of protection from people. People can harm me or talk about me as much as they like, but talk about me in such a way that is derogatory towards my daughter then I’ll get defensive. I’ve already been scarred physically and emotionally there isn’t anything now that anyone could do to me what would have anymore of an effect that the past has had on me.

Ok so I’m putting off going to sleep because I’m scared.

Comments

• MsBingoMsBingo Posts: 64 Boards Initiate
    Hey @NatalieMT

I can really relate to the feeling of not wanting to let anyone in, especially if you've been hurt in the past. Its really hard because letting new people in can make your life better, but building the trust and confidence to do so is tricky.

It sounds like you're a great mum and really care about your daughter  <3
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,284 Part of The Furniture
    edited April 2019
    MsBingo said:
    I can really relate to the feeling of not wanting to let anyone in, especially if you've been hurt in the past. Its really hard because letting new people in can make your life better, but building the trust and confidence to do so is tricky.

It sounds like you're a great mum and really care about your daughter  <3
    What @MsBingo said. It's a totally natural reaction to people if you've been hurt in the past, almost like flinching even though something might not hurt you. It's okay to take time for those conditioned responses to fade and to let people in again, and the protective instincts around your child couldn't be more natural!

NatalieMT said:
    Ok so I’m putting off going to sleep because I’m scared.
    What were you scared of the other night, @NatalieMT. Hope you managed to get some rest in the end. :) 
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.