Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

If you need advice on Phobias ten read this and comment if its a certain subject as im here to help!

AmieeAmiee Posts: 18 Settling in
hi there
you may be new to the mix like i am i only started yesterday and im glad ive joined in some ways as i can clear my mind more this way.
I have a phobia of needles i cannot have blood tests without fainting and alsorts of other effects after.
you may have some sort of phobia differet to this as it can be as little as a phobia of ants.
U will find out that the point im going to make in a inuite is relevant to this subject.
I went to blackpool pleasure beach and i have a phobia of rollercoasters also and so i shake dso much when queing but i pushed myself too queue casue i knew that if i stood there quing fr ages then i wouldnt go off and wait at the side until my other friends have done the ride  knew that nce i sat inthat seat and it started i wouldnt be abe to get off so i closed y eyes until the ride started going and then as it went on i knew i had got over my fear/phobia of rollercoasters as now i can go on them all the time whenever ................

Comments

• Options
    fadedangelfadedangel Posts: 263 The Mix Regular
    Welcome to The Mix!
    It is lovely to meet you and to have you here. 
    I am so proud of you for overcoming that fear and even though it can be scary overcoming these fears is a really good thing and can have a great effect, if you get what I mean. 

I have a fear of fire, failure, gaining weight and quite a fair few others. I would love to overcome these but there’s always something holding me back, perhaps my anxieties not really sure but any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Keep taking those small steps to overcoming those fears, you can do this! 

Best Wishes 

- Lauren <3 
    « I have been through hell but the best is yet to come « 
  • Options
    AmieeAmiee Posts: 18 Settling in
    Thoughtsy said:
    Welcome to The Mix!
    It is lovely to meet you and to have you here. 
    I am so proud of you for overcoming that fear and even though it can be scary overcoming these fears is a really good thing and can have a great effect, if you get what I mean. 

I have a fear of fire, failure, gaining weight and quite a fair few others. I would love to overcome these but there’s always something holding me back, perhaps my anxieties not really sure but any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Keep taking those small steps to overcoming those fears, you can do this! 

Best Wishes 

- Lauren <3 
    hi thanks for youre comment, you shouldnt have those worries cause weather or not your obeise you r stillu beautifull and amaing just the way u r and if u fear faliure youre life u r knocking the positive thoughts about sucsess out of the way so i suggest to try to think more possitively instead of negatively about succses and faliure and if u fail it proves youre learning doesnt it so u be yourself and ovvercome our fears together hope everything gets better xoxo
  • Options
    purplepiggiepurplepiggie Posts: 1 Just got here
    Hi :)

Well done Aimee for taking the first few steps to overcoming your fear, and Lauren I hope you're able to get some help and support to overcome yours.

I have a phobia called thalassophobia (fear of the sea), which means I get anxious even when there's a large fish tank, and I can't look at pictures of the sea. This probably doesn't sound too bad if you're able to avoid the sea, but pictures pop up everywhere, and I have to avoid anywhere that might have fish in a tank (which is surprisingly common!). Also, I'm a vet student so I know at some point I'll need to do something to do with fish (which is fine as I'm not actually scared of fish), but that means there will be a tank and I'd rather not have a panic attack in front of my year! I'd like to watch Blue Planet at some point as it sounds very interesting, but at this point I have to scroll past the trailer and not think about it too much. I've never had any bad experience with the sea so I can't even target the cause.

• Options
    RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    Hey there @purplepiggie I'm just letting you know that I'm gonna go ahead and close this thread since it's pretty old at this point. It sounds like your phobia is a tricky one and if you'd like to start your own thread about it then feel free, you'll likely get more focused responses if you do!

Oh and welcome to the boards.  =)

- Riley
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
This discussion has been closed.