Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Struggling not being able to self harm

LubnaLubna Deactivated Posts: 496 Listening Ear
I have been sectioned because I attempted to end my life but I am seriously struggling not being able to self harm. Any tips or ideas?

Comments

• Options
    mags98mags98 Posts: 287 The Mix Regular
    Hi, 

Sorry to hear you were sectioned, made an attempt and are struggling. 

How are you getting on?

I'm not sure what kind of tips or ideas you are looking for, but I'll take it as alternatives to self harm. So I've attached two links which address self harm and some alternatives. Hope it helps.
    https://www.helpguide.org/articles/anxiety/cutting-and-self-harm.htm/
    https://www.healthyplace.com/abuse/self-injury/alternatives-to-self-harm-self-injury 
  • Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Hey, 

Sorry to hear how your feeling, something that I find helps me when I have urges to self harm, is thinking about the people who I really care about, and who care about me, also distractions, so I like to listen to music, I have lots of playlists, also I enjoy watching YouTube, or a Netflix show, just something to take my mind of what I am thinking/feeling. 

I hope your okay :heart:

Sending hugs 
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    I was discharged yesterday because I said I didnt have any plans to end my life. I'm not getting on that well at all. 

Thanks for the distractions.
  • Options
    Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    Hey. Sending all love and hugs Sham <3

A tip for avoiding self-harm that I've heard, is to draw a butterfly where you want to do it. Choose something, or multiple things, it represents - people who care about you, a pet, anything that matters to you. So when you get the urge to self-harm, you won't want to hurt the butterfly. Idk if that would be useful to you, just thought I'd mention.

How are you feeling about having been discharged?

You're not alone. Here if you need to talk more. <3
  • Options
    Just waiting for the Home treatment team but I don't know if to be honest or not
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
    Hey @Sham

how are you feeling now? I hope the home treatment team coming was okay. 

Like Kathleen said- we are here if wanna talk more
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    The HTT didnt come yesterday but they called an hour ago and said they'll be here at 5:30 today. 
  • Options
    Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    Good luck <3