Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Am I being unreasonable?!

PianoGal0301PianoGal0301 Posts: 37 Boards Initiate
Hi,
So just now my mum's had a massive go at me, apparently she says I'm not aloud on here or any support until certain times she says, but I find here really helpful, I also use Beat for my Anorexia but she seems quite anti it, I'm now having to if I go on here clear my search history, what if I feel panicky and need support, I won't have it. I feel so sad...

Comments

• ArianaAriana Posts: 193 Trailblazer
    That's such a shame that your mum can't see the benefit of support sites like this. Maybe it comes from her feeling like she's not supporting you enough herself or that she should be your only means of support. I wonder if you can access these sites on your mobile rather than the computer if she checks the computer regularly? You can put a pin on your phone so that she can't access it or see what sites you've visited and you'd be able to access it any time you needed.
  • PianoGal0301PianoGal0301 Posts: 37 Boards Initiate
    Thanks Ariana, I'm gonna use my tablet I think, ❤
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    You're definitely not unreasonable, this site is designed to support young people and it's great that being here helps you. I find that a lot of the time parents are wary about online things like this, hence why I haven't told mine and only ever come on here on my mobile or laptop that they can't get into. 

I'd definitely suggest using your tablet or phone, that way you can put a passcode on it and/or remove certain websites from your history if your parents check your phone. 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”