Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Weekly challenge #80

AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat

Hey everyone,

This week's challenge is another photo challenge. I've put together some themes of things you can take photos of each day this week. Don't worry if you miss a day, you can take a photo of these themes any day this week.

Post your photos below & don't forget to vote on next week's challenge ideas!
  • 14th January - Something blue
  • 15th January - Best part of January 
  • 16th January - Something new
  • 17th January - Frosty morning
  • 18th January - Something you're reading
  • 19th January - Look up
  • 20th January - Cozy

These photo challenges are a lot of fun so next month we'll start doing photo challenges monthly as well as these weekly challenges :) 

If you have any ideas of things we can do for the next weekly challenge let us know over on this form.

Have fun!

Aife 

Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤

Weekly challenge #80 5 votes

Yoga challenge
20% 1 vote
Listen to a new song each day
80% 4 votes
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    Something blue a werid paper weight thing mum has on the fireplace 

Best part of January, seeing clear skies and the fields being a automnal colour 

Something new. Some new shoes as you can never have to many ( excuse the mark some child at placement decided to rub salt dough into them yesterday  😂)🤭

Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    edited January 2019
    Something new. My cardigan. Also think is nice colour for the weather. Need to stop buying clothes with money I don’t havw lol

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Something blue. One of my distraction books

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    edited January 2019
    Something blue... Simon... the balloon my friend made for me lol 

' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran

Frosty morning, taken on Monday but still counts right? 😂 

' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • AbigailAbigail Posts: 816 Part of The Mix Family

Doing tomorrow a little early shhh don't tell anyone. 
    Talk as fast as you can by Lauren Graham - for any gilmore girls fans she played Lorelai Gilmore. It's a good read. 
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Best part of January - hot chocolates & duvet days :) 

Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Aife said:
    Best part of January - hot chocolates & duvet days :) 

YES, although coffee for me! :he:heart:

Do love hot chocolate though. I got some cute hot chocolate gift sets for christmas, with cute cups. 
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
    edited January 2019
    *tries to find which one that could justify me sending a picture of my nails*

lol

well ill go with "something new"....again lol... but got to show it to someone before i touch something & all just comes off haha. they feel v fragile -- ive never fully done fake nails before so thry aint too shabby for first time & quite hard &longer than thought whixh why im sendin this @1am lol. 
    if i took a closer pic would be able to see how shit ive actually done it loll. and also not used to typing with nails. probs wontlast til morning haa

but was v good distraction anyway.

• Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    Abit late but looking up at the sky tonight and in love with it 2 of my fav colours pink and purple 😍

Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.