Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Fine with me and hate that it bothers others

sozforhappysozforhappy Deactivated Posts: 123 The Mix Convert
I'm sick of my family telling me off for something I didn't mean to do just because it affects them. Like holding them up at a venue entrance because I by chance forgot about something or fussing because they want to borrow my earplugs and one of them isn't working or anything of mine and I lost it when I'm fine with things being that way or as I've mentioned on and on not doing house chores on time. They ought to quit having this attitude as they're only dealing with aspects of the problem affecting them and looking out for themselves hence have no right to tell me off out that and just should lay off asking me for favours. And that's the whole reason I hate living under the same roof as other people and never want to have a family. People can't call me selfish for saying that, having this mindset in the social perspective is a whole different matter than at home. If it's for my own good and theyre looking out for me, well it's not for my own good if it makes me so upset and agitated and they can look out for me in a less annoying and interfering way.

Comments

• Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    Hi bud, 

Sorry you're feeling like this, it sounds like you're really frustrated (correct me if that's not the right word). I totally get that. Have you tried telling them how they make you feel? Feel free to vent here as much as you want btw.

<3
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,493 Skive's The Limit

Hey

I would be annoyed too if people was blaming me for something I didnt mean to do. And am sorry your family life is affecting you so much. I think our environment at home can really affect how we feel over all. Maybe you could think about the time you can move out to help ease your stress
     And that's the whole reason I hate living under the same roof as other people and never want to have a family.

I wouldn’t call you selfish for that, that’s your decision but never having a family could be lonely. Do you get along with other people? It may just be your family you don’t get along with. Which is okay, not everyone gets along with their own family but I wouldn’t come to the conclusion that you must never live under the same roof as others

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • sozforhappysozforhappy Deactivated Posts: 123 The Mix Convert
    I don't care about being lonely, as long as there's no one bullying me in any way and being mean and annoying and making rules against me is all that matters. Its not like I'm gonna be literally on my own, Ill always keep in touch with friends and hang out with them. I just hate living under the same roof as others. 
    Im saying I want to live alone as in I don't ever want to marry and have kids.
  • CarolineVCarolineV Posts: 133 The Mix Convert
    Hi there!

It sounds like you're feeling frustrated about living with other people. Your feelings are totally valid. It's great that you say you'll always keep in touch with friends, it seems like that could be a good balance for you? Have you been able to talk to your friends about how you feel?

Caroline
    Yes, and a few of my other family too, altho they all live abroad so I hardly get to see them often. I've occasionally been thinking of moving away and living with them if I ever get a job offered over there, who knows, if that's a possibility :p