Home Fix The Mix
Fill out The Mix's Annual User Survey for a chance to win a £200 Amazon voucher, to shape our services, and get closer to earning a badge!
Need support urgently? Click here

Notifications for Hugs/Agrees/Insightfuls

ArianaAriana Posts: 193 Boards Initiate
Hi, I'm still new here and was just wondering if we are supposed to get notifications when someone clicks on "Hugs", "Agree", or "Insightful" because I don't seem to be getting notifications for these things? Like I've just seen that there's a Hug on one of my posts, but I don't even know who it's from and didn't get a notification for it and I would quite like to know. Is there a setting that I need to change to turn those notifications on? Thank you x

Comments

• Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,936 Taking your piece of the pi
    Heya @Ariana,

You're talking about posts on the activity profile thingy right? You're not supposed to get notifications, no. On your profile, the number of hugs/agrees/insightfuls will go up but you can't see who gave you them sadly. But I guess it's still nice to get an anonymous hug so I hope you enjoy it! :lol:
  • ArianaAriana Posts: 193 Boards Initiate
    Thanks for explaining @kathleen0172 Anonymous hugs are definitely still appreciated :) I just think I'd have missed it if I wasn't pathetically refreshing all pages to see if anybody was responding to me.

I don't seem to get notifications for any of these things on my posts on the main board either though? I get them for quotes and when someone names me, but I don't get any if someone clicks hug, agree, or insightful on any of these messages either. I can see why maybe they'd keep them anonymous, I just think it would be nice not to miss when someone is giving you a hug, if that makes sense... It would be nice to know about it.
    Haha :)

Oh yeah - you don't get notifications for the main board either! Though those hugs and so forth aren't anonymous. You won't get a notification, but on your profile the amount of hugs/agrees/insightfuls will go up, and you can click on them and it will show you the posts you've recently been given a hug/agree/insightful on, and you can see who did it.

Generally, you just get notifications for people mentioning your name, people replying to threads you've created, and private messages... Maybe a few other things but I'm tired so idk lol.

Hope that was helpful :)
    Ariana
    Thank you @kathleen0172 I hadn't realised you could click on them on your profile and it would take you to the post, so that's really helpful. :) Thank you for explaining. 
    Anytime dude ha :)
  • The MixThe Mix The Mix HQPosts: 2,549 Staff Team
    edited January 2019
    @kathleen0172 is bang on here @Ariana. :) Unfortunately there's no option to recieve notifications for reactions yet, but it's on our wishlist. It would be quite a useful feature.

In the meantime, checking on posts you're curious about via the notification is your best bet. :)

Mike & the team
    We're @Mike, @Connor, @Italia and @Ed_ - the staff team here at The Mix. We don't provide support via this account, but if you have any questions about the boards or need a hand finding your way around, feel free to drop us a message. Alternatively, you can head over to the Help Desk.
    Thanks @The Mix , nice to know it's on your wishlist! I think it would be good to at least have the option of being notified maybe in the future. Thank you both for explaining how it all works. :) 
    The Mix