You may be asked to reset your password when you try to login. This is part of a system update and is genuine, so it's safe to go ahead and do that. If you no longer have access to the email address you used to register, please email us at [email protected] rather than creating a new account. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Notifications for Hugs/Agrees/Insightfuls

ArianaAriana Posts: 193 The Mix convert
Hi, I'm still new here and was just wondering if we are supposed to get notifications when someone clicks on "Hugs", "Agree", or "Insightful" because I don't seem to be getting notifications for these things? Like I've just seen that there's a Hug on one of my posts, but I don't even know who it's from and didn't get a notification for it and I would quite like to know. Is there a setting that I need to change to turn those notifications on? Thank you x

Comments

• Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,857 Postholic
    Heya @Ariana,

You're talking about posts on the activity profile thingy right? You're not supposed to get notifications, no. On your profile, the number of hugs/agrees/insightfuls will go up but you can't see who gave you them sadly. But I guess it's still nice to get an anonymous hug so I hope you enjoy it! :lol:
  • ArianaAriana Posts: 193 The Mix convert
    Thanks for explaining @kathleen0172 Anonymous hugs are definitely still appreciated :) I just think I'd have missed it if I wasn't pathetically refreshing all pages to see if anybody was responding to me.

I don't seem to get notifications for any of these things on my posts on the main board either though? I get them for quotes and when someone names me, but I don't get any if someone clicks hug, agree, or insightful on any of these messages either. I can see why maybe they'd keep them anonymous, I just think it would be nice not to miss when someone is giving you a hug, if that makes sense... It would be nice to know about it.
    Haha :)

Oh yeah - you don't get notifications for the main board either! Though those hugs and so forth aren't anonymous. You won't get a notification, but on your profile the amount of hugs/agrees/insightfuls will go up, and you can click on them and it will show you the posts you've recently been given a hug/agree/insightful on, and you can see who did it.

Generally, you just get notifications for people mentioning your name, people replying to threads you've created, and private messages... Maybe a few other things but I'm tired so idk lol.

Hope that was helpful :)
    Ariana
    Thank you @kathleen0172 I hadn't realised you could click on them on your profile and it would take you to the post, so that's really helpful. :) Thank you for explaining. 
    Anytime dude ha :)
  • The MixThe Mix Posts: 2,507 Community Managers
    edited January 2019
    @kathleen0172 is bang on here @Ariana. :) Unfortunately there's no option to recieve notifications for reactions yet, but it's on our wishlist. It would be quite a useful feature.

In the meantime, checking on posts you're curious about via the notification is your best bet. :)

Mike & the team
    We're Mike, Italia and Ed - the staff team here at The Mix. We don't provide support via this account, but if you have any questions about the boards or need a hand finding your way around, feel free to drop us a message. Alternatively, you can head over to the Help Desk.
    Thanks @The Mix , nice to know it's on your wishlist! I think it would be good to at least have the option of being notified maybe in the future. Thank you both for explaining how it all works. :) 
    The Mix