Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Young/early adulthood age range/definition

Sholay09Sholay09 Posts: 131 The Mix Convert
edited January 2019 in Politics & Debate
Hiya I really want to know what is the actual age range or definition of young or early adulthood as I am really sure it is not from age 18-25 years old as 25 is still young, opinions and definitions of the human life stages should not be different or differ and also because early/young adulthood really starts from age 18 or 20 and ends when a person reaches their early 40s as that is when a person is considered to be middle aged or have reaches middle adulthood?

[moved by moderator]
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    The actual definition according to Wikipedia is:
     A young adult is generally a person ranging in age from their late teens or early twenties to their thirties, although definitions and opinions, such as Erik Erikson's stages of human development, vary. The young adultstage in human development precedes middle adulthood.

The age range of young adulthood is around 18 to 25 but exceed to early thirties.
    Past this transitions into "middle adulthood" from around 40 to 60.

Again,  options and variations differ some say young adulthood Should end around 25, some 30. But it seems most agree that it starts at 18.

The thing that does intrigue me is that there seems to to be a gap in 30 before reaching "middle" at 40.

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,146 Part of The Furniture
    From what I’ve been even taught in health and social is 
    Adolsence is 9-18 and early adulthood 19-45 with middle starting at 45 and going until 65 

again like laine said some people believe they should be different ages 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    Sholay09Sholay09 Posts: 131 The Mix Convert
    It depends what's meant by early adulthood- is that when your body has stopped developing (25-30) or when you reach an age where you're expected to be mature and independent? (18-25)

Well Aidan the body really stops developing at age 18 for females and 21 for males and not at age 25 or 30 as nobody takes that long to grow up as we become adults way before 25 or 30.