Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Never felt so anxious

Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,147 Part of The Furniture
hi guys ,

everythings just so much at the moment, everything just seems like a uphill battle

College is such a struggle, Don’t get me wrong I like my lessons and some of the people on my clsss but the environment is the thing I’m finding the most. I’ve thought about leaving and going through a different route but I know whatever I do I’ll still have to go to a college becasue I don’t have GCSE English.

Im still no closer to getting any help, CAMHS are close to 7 months and counting and the GP I saw on Thursday confirmed that because I’m under 18 there not aloud to prescribe me any medication.

college counselling is about a 6 week wait and they’ve offered me a art therapy group and the blues program but both of them are run on a day which I’m out on placement.

its tiring being constantly anxious and on edge all of the time, not being able to do things that I enjoy all becasue I just let the anxiety and depression take over my life 
Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.

Comments

• Options
    Invisible_meInvisible_me Posts: 139 The Mix Convert

Hi there,

It seems like the anxiety is getting to you, and you are struggling to get any help due to the waiting lists...

Have you tried: Moodgym… that can be a useful website with some self-help strateigies to help in the meantime. I'm sure the GP can still help you... even if not medication (sometimes they can be reluctant in under 18's) but other support such as regular appts might help? Or talking to someone at college.

Talking can walk wonders.

take care,