Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I need reinsurance

BigSueBigSue Posts: 1 Just got here
Hi, I don't know if anyone here suffers with anxiety or panic attacks but over the past three weeks I've had a bunch of physical symptoms which include:
- heart beating faster than normal (palpitations) 
- feeling really sweaty hands and feet
- lower body and hands stark to shake a lot 
So I was very concerned to the point I had my mum drive me to A&E, there they pretty much checked my blood pressure, temperature and listen to my heart and told me to go home and make a GP appointment. I made a GP appointment and they thought it was a thyroid problem and to come back in a week to have blood taken and an ecg done. So went back a week later still with the same symptoms not going away, feeling overly anxious. Like my body just had so much adrenaline all the time. Took my blood and did an ecg, went back 5 days later and the doctor explained how everything was fine and how he thought it could be anxiety, now I know anxiety and panic attacks run in my family however I just feel as if there's a big problem and I'm going to drop dead an second. He basically told me to come back in two weeks and think about what he said. How's that going to help how I feel? And then a day later, I'm sitting in bed and I suddenly get the really sweaty, sharp pains in my chest and my lower body won't stop shaking that only last a few seconds but I was so scared an ambulance got called, they did an ecg in my front room and said it looks fine just my heart is beating fast, they took me to hospital to make sure I was okay, at the hospital they took my blood again and ran another ecg, that all came back looking fine but I'm convinced there's something severely wrong with me but I don't know what it could be if it's not showing up on any tests. Maybe it's just me over thinking and it is anxiety? Has anyone experienced the symptoms before. I need something to put my mind at rest a little bit

Comments

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
    edited September 2018
    Hey. Ive been to doctors with similar problem of anxiety and panic attack. Ive had ecgs done, chest xrays and blood tests ect and all come back fine. Its weird at how the mind and stress and anxiety - can make you feel like youre dying. But realising its just anxety and getting those texts done has soem what calmed my breathing as not adding extra stress. It is usually anxiety if nothing else has shown up. Though i understand is really stressful. There are some self help things you could try, like mindfullness ect. 
    Hope your breathing calms down soon
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Hiya :)

an avid sufferer of anxiety and 3 different types here.

I defo suffer all these symptoms, my chest feels fluttery and my breathing is laboured as i type this.
    it really sucks but its important to hold onto the fact that you've been checked over a few times and it came back normal so it can't be anything serious.
    it will feel very very real and from this i often get depersonalisation.

it's important to note that its all from anxiety and adrenaline and you don't have to be worrying about something specific. it can happen during an anxious moment, before, after, or for just no reason.
    sugar and caff full drinks like cola, or sometimes tea does make mine worse.

There are self help steps you can take like Shaunie mentioned. mindfulness, breathing exercises, a detective diary where you write down your symptoms, whether you've had them before, what happened last time, and try and rationalise your thoughts.

You can also talk to your GP about it and see what help you can get.

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld