Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What is Essential for a Great Relationship?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
I'm in a fantastic relationship now, but wondered what other people's expectations are for their's?

For me and my sweetheart, Honesty in a relationship is always accompanied by Trust. Honesty in a relationship is something which develops only if the affection is equal from both the sides and which grows by an equal effort to communicate in person. Never expect that from the other if you yourself are not ready to offer it. Because, whether it's a friendship of a relationship, all bonds are built on trust. Without it, you have nothing.

This is what we base our relationship on:

1. Trust
2. Committment
3. Loyalty, and of course
4. Unconditional Love

We believe those are the perfect ingredients for a very Lovely, Bright and Beautiful Long term relationship.
I will be interested to read what you thoughts are, so come and share!  =)

Comments

• BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Communication! Every relationship I've been in has broken down cause I don't communicate enough with whats going on with me, it's something i'm trying to work on. Like how can someone who wants to support and help you do it when you don't tell them whats going on.

for me another important one in emotional support, you need someone who will be there with you on good days and bad, ad that's important if you want a lengthy relationship.

don't know if any of this makes sense but yeahh lol
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Good thread! I've been with my partner 5 years, I'd say key to our relationship is trust, communication and humour.

I add humour onto the list because trust and communication are totally key, but life is very serious at times and if we didn't share the same sense of humour I don't think I'd have as much happiness in general. Feel like I can be the best version of myself because of those simple things :relaxed:
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend