Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Would your style change if you could afford it? (this is a pointless rant no need to read loves 💕)

LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
This does sound like an odd thread and I agree it is, it's late and I'm wide awake just wanting to talk about a secret passion of mine Fashion and hair and beauty and all of those things!  😂

I know that my style would change completely if I could afford well clothes haha I do like a tad bit of makeup not much just a bit of mascara and lipgloss

But concealer is pricey and so are new shirts so I often find every day I'm going out covered in acne, wearing jeans and a band shirt. That's me on a regular basis but in my dreamy wonderland Ooh it would be super different 

I really love the alternative fashion scene and most specifically the pastel Goth side,  Its everything I love. Gothic, alternative and yet cute 💕😂 I've always longed to show off my feminine side but that could be because of my body type and hormone imbalance I don't feel I look like one so I long to try harder?  (why has this turned into a rant of self exploration and why is it helping? Help me someone 😂😂) 

My point is. 
Me at this current point of time is different to who I would be?

I'm tempted to make a fashion tips thread which will actually have a point unlike this one 😂 if people are interested? I love doing things on a budget so cheap makeup and cheap clothing is something I'd love to try and post about when I figure out some stuff.

There really was no point to any of this so I'm super sorry 😂😂

If it helps this really helped me just getting to ramble so there's no need to reply and I'm sorry if you've gotten this far if you have, remember you're great, you're beautiful, magnificent, and truly one of a kind <3

Keep positive 🌈
we're all beautiful in our own ways 💕

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld

Comments

• Options
    I'll regret this in the morning but until then, how great is chocolate? It's just so tasty 💕😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
    Hi @Laine

This is by no means an odd topic, because when a younger teen I was into Goth with spiky hair, ripped black clothes and biker's jacket that had enough studs on to cause injury. But as I grew up, so my taste changed to that of the 70's when Glam Rock was so popular. At 14 I was a tearaway who threw bangers into shop doorways in Mallorca as I passed on my bike, but we won't talk about that ...

Nope, I wouldn't change my fashion style even if I could afford it. I can afford to. But I'm comfy with how I dress, and happy with my choice.

At home whether East Sussex like now or back in Mallorca, I love dressing in the 1970's style when denim was so popular. I love denim because once it's been worn and washed a few times, its dark blue fabric gradually fades to light and feels like silk. I wear vintage Levi jeans and jackets, their 'red' label. Also I adore hand-sewn patchwork clothes of which my collection of patchwork jeans and shirts, suit me so well. How I wish I could find a body-costume like the late David Bowie as Ziggy Stardust, his androgynous look seems so appealing. Back to that in a mo. 

Tip 1.
    I don't use concealer because yeah, the good stuff is expensive. Instead, in the mornings I prefer a good oatmeal facial scrub because it refreshes my skin. After drying with a soft towel, my skin glows. I might apply some Aveeno as the moisturizer contains natural collagens, a source of plant protein which Aveeno put into its product.

Confession time. I'm a shoe/boot collector. To date, Sophie counted 63 pairs. :3 Collected over years, mind.

Tip 2.
    My makeup brush set is by Anjou bought from amazon and I chose it for great value and it uses synthetic and vegan bristles. They cost £8.99 and are very good value and lasted me ages. I'm not vegan or veggie. I just prefer these super value makeup brushes. (That said, when I'm applying 24ct gold leaf to my picture frames, I'll use an expensive sable application brush)

Many lesbians in Mallorca prefer the 'butch' look or that androgynous look which they artfully apply with makeup prior to clubbing at gay nightclubs. Not me! My hair is blonde and sits around my shoulder comfily but down my back their hair grows. Presently it's a plaited French-stylie thanks to Sophie. Extra comfy when the weather is humid.

I like Clinique products, but choose with care and not be swayed by the shop assistant. Their 3-step product is excellent for exfoliation but though expensive, skin become radiant afterwards. I adore L'Occitane products. Their lavender foot balm is soothing and made primarily from shea butter. I love L'Occitane's Verveine shower gel and their EDT (the same). It's a light fresh cologne and its fragrance lasts a long time.

Keep rabling. You're beautiful, too. I always enjoy your posts.

Have a great weekend! :)

• Options
    Thanks for the tips Floxy! :)

I've got 5 pairs of boots in the closest and one pair I'm wearing right now,  it's a guilty pleasure of mine, depending on the outfit I will choose a pair of boots that best fits it haha 😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• Options
    @Laine I've just found some clever makeup tips in Cosmopolitan online.

Particularly like No. 6m the use of a dessert  spoon to avoid mascara marks on one's upper eye lid. And there are a lot more clever tips, too. That link is worth saving. :)

• Options
    EyepatchEyepatch Posts: 666 Incredible Poster
    Charity shops!

My favourite shirt came from a charity shop and turns out its American Apparel. Boots are my weak point too, I got a great a pair of Harley Davison motorbike boots at TKmax, and recently I found some amazing steel toe boots in another charity shop! There are also Clothes swaps, you can look for one close to you online, where people bring clothes they no longer want and you all swap!

You could also try making clothes, I like getting patches and putting them on hoodies and jackets to personalise them. You can buy old clothes from charity or vintage shops and then use the fabric to make something amazing, it takes time and effort but you end up with something unique :) 

I can't really help with the make up side as its not something I wear, but you can make loads of hair and face creams with things like yogurt and honey, just look online :) Fruit is good for spots too, like apples and grapefruit, the acids help with the oils that create zits, you could also try cutting back on butter and anything fried. 

"Sometimes we find ourselves stuck between choosing what is right, and what is easy." 
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
    Na cause can afford it. Plus I’m boring and just follow the fashion trends which tend to be in places can afford like H&M ect.
     But maybe because I make away to afford it lol. Esp for make up as no make up costs my self confidence too much. Even tho can go out without it but not v comfortable. 

But it would be interested in seeing other threads like this like fashion ect and just generally interested in others fashion even if not the same as mine. 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Thanks Shaunie I've been thinking of some fashion threads I can make as I'd love to talk about it more,  i'm currently going through a hair and clothing change, I'm starting a new year at college and I really want to look how I feel inside,  I've always struggled with my lack of femininity due to hormones and my build so I'm going down the alternative route :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• Options
    Absolutely agree with @Eyepatch here, but charity shops can be a gold mine for great gear and some of it can be vintage clothes! Last year in a cancer research charity shop, a beautifullly supple black leather jacket by Belstaff came in and I bought it for £50. That may sound a lot for a jacket, but Belstaff gear is high end with prices to match. Also I found a dark blue all wool trenchcoat by Burberry. Price? Just £25. What a bargain, and the charity shop manager said the coat had never been used.