Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Help me understand what I’m feeling please

angh98angh98 Posts: 1 Just got here
I’ve alwags struggled with depression but for a while it’s been different. I don’t really know what to do, or how to feel. I’m not really sure what I’m expecting out of posting this but yeah, like I said I dunno. But I feel weird lately. I feel absolutely nothing or every little thing. I either don’t care or I care too much. And I feel weird like, myself but not quite myself at times. Like I know what I’m doing and what’s going on but I can’t quite understand why? Everything kind of goes into a daze and then a few hours or days lately I feel like I can see everything so much clearer? I don’t know what’s happening to me. All this can’t be depression, it’s not the same feeling. I’m not sure if it even makes sense but I needed to say that. Sorry, aAngh x

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
    edited August 2018
    Hi and welcome to our boards, @angh98 :)

What depression can do is cause us to loose track of our everyday activities, things we normally do from our time of waking and going about the day til evening, and it's all knocked out of kilter when depression causes physical and emotional dysphoria.

I think your best course of action is see your doctor, explain this lack of feeling and ask them to refer you to a therapist. You will be given a series of sessions rather than your doctor dishing out antidepressants, for often a course of therapy can reveal to us what has been happening and how best we can work through our feelings.

Tell your best friend how you are as you described to us and ask them to accompany you to your doctor's surgery. Your friend will help give you a lot of support. At home you could write your feelings down in a day-by-day notebook. After a few sessions, a pattern may take shape that begins to look better as you work through the 'tools' given you by your therapist.

We will always be here for you. When difficulties in your life begin ironing out, or during times of doubt, come and tell us. I am sure there will be someone here to help you. :)

Best wishes,

Mandy

Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • Options
    RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    Hey there angh98 just to say I've moved your thread from Introduce Yourself to Health & Wellbeing to hopefully get you more specific attention to what you're talking about here. :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.