Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What are you favourite meals?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
edited January 2023 in General Chat
My biggest favourite is paella, except it's made with whole grain arborio rice instead of the familiar yellowy colour is because it tastes miles better. Also I don't need to put expensive saffron in which most street vendors use, hence the yellowy stuff most people get to buy. Though I enjoy mixed meat, my favourite is seafood paella and it can be a mix of fish, seafood and spider crab all jumbled together wth clams, mussels, shrimps (the bigguns), squid and lobster if you're lucky.

Be warned when ordering paella though, as it usually is made for two people, hence twice the price. A decent seafood paella can cost €18 per person give ot take €5 depending on the restaurant. But I guarantee you'll feel stuffed by the end of it! :joy:

Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    its not really a meal but my fav food just now is toasted quorn sandwiches  <3

my fav proper meal would be vegan mac and cheese  =) there's a wee cafe that does it and its lush!
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Chicken chow mein
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Sholay09Sholay09 Posts: 131 The Mix Convert
    Pizza
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Singapore chow mein
    Toast 
    Baked potatoes (they're well lush❤)
    Chips yeah just chips 😂
    Qourn spag bol
    Cottage pie
    And more but I won't ramble 😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
    I've just finished a massive toasted bacon sandwich, and tomato ketchup to help it slip down nicely. :p
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Used to like bacon but I can't eat it personally as I choke on it haha  =) 

Bacon grills not bad the closest thing I can get lol

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
    Aidan said:
    Cheese on toast

It's just so quick and simple and cheap- and difficult for someone with such a deficit of cooking skills as myself to fuck up :joy:
    Yes, but cut the loaf lengthways for twice the amount is foolproof: toast, bacon, ketchup and you're done. Just don't forget the bacon dripping. :p