Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Laparoscopy on 29th

123lozza123123lozza123 Posts: 32 Boards Initiate

So, this is a result of what happened on the 7th of June because of the bad date (see the result of bad date post for more details). I have got to have a laparoscopy on 29th of June because of the fact I’ve had severe stomach pains on and off since the assault and an x ray didn’t show up any problems.

The laparoscopy will involve looking inside the tummy by using a thin telescope with a light on it. The light will then magnify the structure inside the abdomen.

I am very anxious about having this procedure on Thursday because I don’t know what to expect and don’t know what recovery time will be. I am wondering about my recovery time considering I’ve got a driving lesson the week after and I don’t know if it would be possible.

Any advice needed through this post or if any other detail is wanted then feel free to private message me

Comments

• LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Hey Lozza! 

I've had myself and was rather simple, quick,  and pain free. 

The recovery period is usually about a week sometimes two but that depends on what they discover or how you heal if should be 1 week. 

Try not to worry too much it is definitely one of the easiest least invasive tests x

Best wishes :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • 123lozza123123lozza123 Posts: 32 Boards Initiate

Hi @Aidan. Thanks for the reply. I get what you are saying yes, they are doing it because it has a fast recovery time. I hope there isn’t any complications and I hope things will be okay. My driving instructor knows about what’s happening anyway. Thanks for the link I will take look and thanks for saying you hope it goes well.

Hi @Laine. Glad to hear that they are simple, quick and pain free. Hopefully it will be okay then and that I will be okay to do my driving lesson the week after then. I’m trying not to worry but it’s hard when I don’t know what to expect and this should have never happened, its all the fault of what happened on the 7th.

Thanks for both replies and as many replies would be much appreciated.

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Heya @123lozza123

have no idea about laparoscropy. But im hoping it goes okay for you
     All the best
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • JamJarJamJar Posts: 274 The Mix Regular

Hello 123lozza123,

Glad to see you are back on The Mix after your bad date post, as there is always someone on here to listen. It’s completely natural to feel nervous or anxious about a going into surgery, but you have to remember that the surgery is being done for your long-term health. Have you voiced your concerns with your doctor or surgeon? He or she may be able to give you a much more accurate idea on what the surgery will be like and how long the recovery time will be…

In regards to your driving lesson, have you told your driving instructor about your surgery? If you tell your driving instructor about the surgery, they may be happy to reschedule your lesson if your recovery takes a little bit longer than a week. Hope this advice helps a little bit, and if not feel free to respond to this with any other thoughts or worries you might be having.

Stay positive and good luck for the surgery 😊

• RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    Hey there 123lozza123.

That must have been a shock finding out your surgery was so soon! I'm glad it all went okay and I hope you're starting to feel better, be sure to let us know how you're progressing as I know plenty of us on the boards are sending positive thoughts your way. :)

- Riley
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    Hey @Riley
    Thanks for the reply. I’m glad the surgery is over and I am in a lot of pain still which is expected!
    thanks for anyone that is wishing me to have a speedy recovery 
  • JamJarJamJar Posts: 274 The Mix Regular
    Hey @123lozza123
    Just read all your other posts in full about the bad date and about what happened to your friend and aunti (sorry, I am new to the Mix and I'm still learning about how to find posts and discussions from the past). First off I am very glad that your surgery went well and want you to know that we are all sending positive thoughts your way :) 
    In regards to everything you are going through right now, you are doing extremely well to continue with your driving lessons at the same time as everything else. I understand that sometimes it feels like there is no end to the pain and the suffering, but sometimes it is worth remembering that recovering from something like this takes time. It is understandable to want it all to be resolved immediately but annoyingly that's often not the way life works.
    What is lovely to hear is that it sounds like the school you are working at are very understanding about your situation. Do you feel safe when you are at school? When you mentioned in another post that you don't feel safe out in public, is that when you are alone? Do you think that maybe you might feel safer if you speak to those closest around you and maybe they can go with you when you need to go town? And also, how are your eating habits now in comparison to a few weeks ago?
    Anyway, hope that some of this advice helps a little. Try and stay as strong, confident and positive as possible :) there are people on here looking out for you so even if I don't respond straight away I am sure someone will! 

Hi @JamJar

Thanks for the reply. Thanks for looking at my posts and if you do get around to replying to them I would appreciate it.

Yeh the surgery went okay, it was exactly a week ago. Right now, I’m in a lot of discomfort but that’s probably because I’ve over done it today and I’ve also been feeling rather emotional for some reason. I had my driving lesson today which was difficult.

I do start struggling at times and it just happens suddenly and I don’t know what triggers it too be honest. I know some things take time to recover from pain and suffering and I’m really struggling with it now.

The school I work in know how I’ve been feeling since the result of the bad date situation, but they are unaware about the surgery because I didn’t want to tell them and get the sympathy because I wanted to continue to go in and help out and I know if I told what had happened they would tell me not to go in, but I keep going in because it’s a good distraction. I don’t feel safe going out in public when I’m alone since it happened just under a month ago now. I’m still not eating as much as I’m meant to, and I’ve started to limit it again because I’ve put on weight and I don’t like it. Also, with surgery I’ve been in pain and tired and not felt like doing much so not felt like eating either.

Thanks for the advice. I will try and stay strong and be confident and positive but its not always possible.

Thanks to anyone that is there for me.

Hi all. so I had my surgery on the 29th of June and thought I would update you on things since . So unforutunately my recovery didn't got as smoothly as they hoped and at the end of july I ended up having my stitches redone because I was still experiencing bad pain. Anyway after those stitches were removed I recovered well. Over the last few months I have suffered with an eating disorder and bad anxiety, I haven't been eating as many meals that I should do and ive been losing weight because of it. Anyway over the last week I have experienced bad stomach pain sometimes- once after waking up and a few times after eating. is this something I should worry about? 
    all advice needed